Scroll down for links to Career Exploration Tools, Job Databases, Careers NZ, Financial Tertiary Support
Career Exploration Tools
- Career Quest - Find job suggestions based on YOUR interests
- Skill Matcher - Find job ideas that match your skills
- Subject Matcher - Find job ideas that match the subjects you enjoy
- Just the Job - Showcases 200+ jobs in a range of industries to give you some ideas
- No Major Drama - Identify your possible major and at which University
- Occupational Outlook - Information on labour supply and demand, and job information
- Personality Test - Based on Myers Briggs Test
- Finding out where to study your field of interest - Study Spy
- Interested in Trades? - Find out about how to get a trade
- Which Defence Force Job could I do? - Quiz
- NZ Talent - In over 100 short videos, you’ll get insight into different career journeys, hear about the kinds of skills that are being looked for when recruiting and some all-round helpful advice from those already on their career path
- JETmag Put together by a team of young writers, JETmag reaches school leavers on their level and speaks their language.
- Got a Trade? Got it Made! - Find out more about on the job training
Careers New Zealand: A wide variety of useful info, tools, and resources including quizzes, CV builders, and job databases.
HUB - Helping with NCEA Subject Choices is a section within CareersNZ site for parents, whānau, caregivers, and anyone who is involved in helping young people make good subject choices for their future tertiary study and career
Visit the page to find out:
• what subjects are useful for particular jobs
• where to look for jobs that are in demand
• match subjects with study and career with our tool, Subject Matcher
• what NCEA credits are needed for further tertiary training
• the importance of taking STEM subjects
• how NCEA compares to the previous School Certificate and Bursary systems
• tips for having a career conversation with your young person
• eight steps to choosing school subjects.
To help with career planning, follow these three stages:
· encourage self-awareness – help people reflect and think about themselves
· explore the options – use job-matching tools for ideas, and use our databases
· encourage goal-setting and action-planning
Financial Tertiary Support:
StudyLink: For student loans and associated information.
RealMe: You need a RealMe profile in order to get a student loan and/or allowance.
Fees Free Information: All you want to know and more is here*
- *Must be a resident visa or be a permanent citizen for at least 3 year prior to enrolling to get free fees
MoneyHub - Want Free Money to Study? Find Financial Scholarships
giveME - offers access to more than 4,000 scholarships and awards for individuals
- Step One Sign up - All students need to sign up on the schools unique subscription URL
- Step Two - Students need to check their spam/junk folder for the confirmation email
- Step Three - After confirming your account, you can now log in with just your username/email and password from any location on any device. The second time you want to log in, you can click on log in to givME and will go directly to the log in page.
- Log in to givME