Dr. Neleffra Marshall, Principal
Amanda Batman, Assistant Principal
Cathy Mistretta, Guidance Counselor
July -August 2018
The WMSS vision is to help each child develop their full potential while becoming creative producers and life-long learners. We will accomplish this through a commitment to excellence and collaboration among parents, staff, students, and the community.
Our mission is to educate today's students using scientific discovery and the implementation of technology to meet the challenges of tomorrow's world.
Dates to Remember
School for teachers resumes on Thursday, August 2, 2018.
School for students resumes on Friday, August 10, 2018.
School Office Hours during the Summer Break:
8:00-4:00 Monday to Thursday beginning June 4th.
July 10 (Tuesday) begins our new uniform sale in the media center. If you have decided NOT to attend this upcoming school year please let us know so new students have time to get uniforms.
- Tuesday, July 10th, 12-6
- Wednesday, July 11th, 12-6
- Thursday, July 12th, 8-4
Mrs. Booth needs volunteers:
July 10th or July 11th - 2:00 - 4:00 and 4:00 - 6:00.
Thursday, July 12th : 12:00 - 2:00 or 2:00 - 4:00.
If you would like to help please email : firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We only accept cash or checks for sales. On the off chance that an item has to be back-ordered you will need to pay with a separate check.
- All sales are FINAL so be sure you check the correct size.
- Used uniform sale: Come visit the media center Wed., Aug. 1 from 4:00-6:00 to purchase used uniforms. (While supplies last. All sales are final. Cash or check only. )
- We order uniforms throughout the school year on the 1st and 15th of each month.
The annual WMSS used uniform sale will be held in the media center on Wed., Aug. 1 from 4:00-6:00 to purchase used uniforms.
(While supplies last. All sales are final. Cash or check only. )
Registration is August 7th
- We will be asking for volunteers as the date approaches.
- Registration will begin in the media center.
- Be sure to come and meet your teachers!
- Because of our district policy and safety measures, parents are no longer allowed to walk students to class, so registration is a great time to drop off school supplies rather than being overloaded on the first day back to school.
- Kona Ice will be parked outside so come prepared to purchase a treat!
This is a reminder that the last check out on a regular day (non-early release) is 2:45 p.m.
The last check out on an early release day is 1:30 p.m.
Students cannot be dismissed after these times. Please be sure to plan accordingly. Thank you!
The WMSS teachers and staff would like to extend our heartfelt thanks and appreciation for all the love and caring we were shown by our students, parents, and community during Teacher Appreciation Week!
There was so much delicious food shared with us by parents and community alike. Thanks to our administration, Texas Roadhouse, Wesley Church, the families who prepared authentic Indian and Greek feasts, the parents who prepared and brought breakfast treats right to our classroom doors, and all the kind parents who gifted us with flowers, candy, freshly baked treats, and cards of praise and accolades!
We are so honored to be part of the WMSS community family all year long!
Our very own Assistant Principal, Amanda Batman, leads the pack of WMSS students who participated in "Bike To School Day!"
Bike To School day was a SUCCESS!
The students who participated received a goody bag and signed a bicycle safety pledge poster.
Thanks to the WMSS Jog Squad for hosting a successful fundraiser for the Brevard Humane Society. Many meals were provided for our furry friends by your generous donations!
WMSS Awards and Recognition
Congratulations to Annalee, who won a Special Recognition Award at the School Board Art Show!
The School Board Show is a very prestigious exhibition, where every school in the county is encouraged to participate, but can each only send in 4 pieces of art. Big competition!
The Reception is on Wednesday, April 25th, from 4-5:30 at ESF Training Rooms 5-8, with the Awards Ceremony following at 5:30 in the School Board Meeting Room.
These students represented WMSS at our Elementary Book Bash event and competed against Lockmar and Viera Charter. They earned exemplary ratings in all three categories--Book Quest, Book Jacket Design, and Readers’ Threatre--and they ranked #1 in both Book Jacket Design and Readers’ Theatre. Go WMSS!
Nathan B. was honored with the Lockheed Martin Innovative Scientist Award for his Science Fair Project
WMSS FPS students gave an awesome performance at the FPS State Competition. Students who participated are listed to the left. They showed a lot courage and grit and made us all proud.
1. Global Issues Problem Solving (the only team from Brevard that made the top 6)
5th place: Halle, Shaila, Ashvika and Ella.
2. Global Issues Problem Solving
First place: Rushil S
3. Global Issues Problem Solving
Team Presentation of Action Plan:
First place: Mehek, Arvin, Kahlia, Gabriel S, Shalini, Nandini and Meghana G.
I was so proud to hear our school name called three times in the award ceremony, and prouder to accept the awards on behalf of our students.
Mrs. Pandit, Gifted Teacher/FPS Teacher Sponsor