Students may use Spelling City to practice words at home:
Spelling: List 30 rockets, galaxies, heroes, glasses, brushes, switches, sheep, telescopes, pennies, mice, women, potatoes, waltzes, geese, shelves, knives, moose, indexes
- 2 Peter 1:3 "His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness.”
May 15, 2018
Our field trip is THIS Friday! We will leave school at 9:00 a.m. to arrive at the park by 9:45 sharp! We will return to school around 1:30 p.m. The kids will need to bring a sack lunch that we will eat there.
We will be walking around outdoors, so please apply sunscreen and wear tennis shoes. The kids will wear jeans or khaki pants or shorts with the red polo school shirt. We will not be the only school at the park that day, so the red shirts will be helpful in identifying our students.
Keep reviewing those multiplication facts! Finish the race strong!
May 18th- 4 Mile Historic Park field trip
May 18th- Warner’s May birthday celebration
May 21nd- Worship and Celebration Night (6pm)
May 23rd- AR party
May 24th- 3rd grade softball game (11:30-12:30) Parents, come and cheer them on!
May 24th-Class Parties -2:00 p.m.
May 25th- Last day ½ day/Field Day
Here is our week at a glance:
- Geometry Unit- congruent shapes, finding the line of symmetry. Benchmark 4 test on Wednesday.
- We have started multiplication drills focusing on 8’s and 9’s in May. Each month we will work toward a specific multiplication family. I encourage practice at home on those facts.
- Reading: Fairy Tale Elements
- Writing: Fractured Fairy Tales using the elements learned in reading
- Spelling: List 30 rockets, galaxies, heroes, glasses, brushes, switches, sheep, telescopes, pennies, mice, women, potatoes, waltzes, geese, shelves, knives, moose, indexes
- Ch. 34 review
- Bible Verse: 2 Peter 1:3 "His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness.”
- Chapter 10 The Civil War
- Surrender at Last/The Struggle for Peace
- Ch. 10 review and Test
- Abraham Lincoln-Nest video
- Starting Ch. 12 musculoskeletal unit
- Prosthetics, ch review and test on Wednesday
STEAM: Cherokee Trail
Questions to ask your child this week:
- What fairy tale are you basing your fractured fairy tale on?
- What was noteworthy about General Sherman’s March to the sea?
- How did President Lincoln tell General Grant to treat General Lee during the South’s surrender?
- How do the following items make you think about Jesus? A loaf of bread, A packet of seeds, A flashlight?
- Tell me about your favorite miracle of Jesus.
- Name the 4 kinds of triangles. (equilateral, isosceles, scalene, right.) Describe them.
- What does congruent mean? (same)
- What are the 4 angles we discussed? (right, acute, obtuse, straight). Describe them.
- What are some geometric solid names and describe them. (cone, cube, sphere, rectangular prism, pyramid)
Have a great day!
Rachael Dyk and Kellie Warner
Third Grade Rubric:
4-Exceeds Standard. “I did all you asked and more, that is why I got a 4.
3-Meets Standard. “I did what you asked of me, and that is why I got a 3.
2-Approaching Standard: “There was more that I could do, that is why I got a 2.
1-Below Standard: “I did not do what should be done, that is why I got a 1.
*Students will receive a 4 only if they go above and beyond what was expected of the assignment or task. Opportunities for students to receive a 4 in:
Bible Memory: Students will say the memory verse perfectly and then explain how the verse
applies to them or a connection they have to the verse
Spelling: Students spell all 18 words correctly. If students can display a higher level of learning by using spelling words in a sentence,they will earn a 4.
Daily 5 Reading Strategy Assessments: Rubrics are printed on the back of all assessments