Students may use Spelling City to practice words at home:
Spelling Words: List 13
:List 13: 3 letter consonants: thr, spl, str, shr, spr, squ, sch, scr: splinter, squeak, thrill, scratch, Christian, splashed, thread, throat, three, Christmas, strong, sprinkle, shrimp, squall, shrink, struggle, spray, school
"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."
December 12, 2017
We would love for each of you to send in YOUR favorite chocolate recipe, either a hard copy or you can send it in an email. Please send the recipe as soon as possible!
Wasn’t the Christmas concert amazing! The kids performed beautifully. I just love the sound of children’s voices praising God!
Students are continuing to work on in-class book project responses to The Chocolate Touch. The students will begin presenting their projects on Wednesday.
Lastly, we are having a “penny war” between 3rd-5th grade to raise money for a teacher friend of Mrs. Albin’s to help him build his home in Zambia. Ask your 3rd grader for more information!
Here is our week at a glance:
- Continuing with money unit. Students will practice adding up multiple money amounts and comparing coins.
- We will start multiplication speed drills in December. December we will focus on 0’s and 1’s. Each month we will work toward a specific multiplication family. I encourage practice at home on those facts.
- Moby Max *your child can access from home! https://www.mobymax.com/signin (type in Southeast Christian School. User names are the first 3 letters of the first name.first 3 letters of the last name, passwords are the student’s first name)
- Inferencing (What I know + What the text says = My Inference
- Students continue their book project choice for The Chocolate Touch and begin presenting on Thursday.
- English: Six Traits of Writing: Voice
- Spelling:List 13: 3 letter consonants: thr, spl, str, shr, spr, squ, sch, scr: splinter, squeak, thrill, scratch, Christian, splashed, thread, throat, three, Christmas, strong, sprinkle, shrimp, squall, shrink, struggle, spray, school
- Ephesians 4:32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you
- Ch. 4 Jefferson and Moving West
- Supreme Court Justices-John Marshall’s precedents
- Democracy-Strengths and Weaknesses
- Ch. 4 test on Thursday. Students may use their interactive notebook forthe test. They may opt to not use it t try for a 4.
- Planet Project
- For the month of December, we will work on a planet project in class. The kids will research a planet of their choice on 3 websites from the Chromebooks in class. They will be given a notes template to fill in with facts about their planet. They will write a report and then present it to the class at the end of the month
- Character Trait of the Month: Empathy
STEAM: Snowflake Bentley
Questions to ask your child this week:
- Have you reached your AR goal?
- How can you show your “voice” in your writing?
- What is a precedent? (an example) What was one of John Marshall’s precedents?
- Why did President Thomas Jefferson send Lewis and Clark on their expedition?
- How is your Chocolate Touch project going?
- What planet did you choose to do your report on?
- What have you learned about that planet so far?
- Tell me the steps of forgiveness? (Wednesday)
- Our new character trait of the month is “Empathy”. Look in the planner to brainstorm ideas you can show empathy.
Have a great day!
Rachael Dyk and Kellie Warner
Third Grade Rubric:
4-Exceeds Standard. “I did all you asked and more, that is why I got a 4.
3-Meets Standard. “I did what you asked of me, and that is why I got a 3.
2-Approaching Standard: “There was more that I could do, that is why I got a 2.
1-Below Standard: “I did not do what should be done, that is why I got a 1.
*Students will receive a 4 only if they go above and beyond what was expected of the assignment or task. Opportunities for students to receive a 4 in:
Bible Memory: Students will say the memory verse perfectly and then explain how the verse
applies to them or a connection they have to the verse
Spelling: Students spell all 18 words correctly. If students can display a higher level of learning by using spelling words in a sentence,they will earn a 4.
Daily 5 Reading Strategy Assessments: Rubrics are printed on the back of all assessments