2017-2018 Department Goals
- Each PLC group will continuously collaborate by
- Reflecting on and refining the ELOs with a focus on communication.
- Examining evidence of student learning related to identified ELOs
- Identifying effective instructional strategies through the sharing of best practices.
- All teachers incorporate instructional strategies that develop cultural understanding and comparisons throughout the year.
- Teachers will evaluate current instructional materials, refine the system for sharing instructional materials, and determine long-term needs for instructional materials and technological resources, including research of delivery models (hard copy/digital/ hybrid).
- Teachers vertically align courses to develop skills over time in the 7-12 course sequence and to ensure consistency (vertical alignment).