English Language Arts
New and Improved!
Here is your new one stop web site for everything English in San Dieguito Union High School District. This site will have the following:
While it is no longer being updated, click here for the old SDUHSD English website in case there are resources there you would still like to access.
2017-2018 Department Goals
- Teachers vertically align and horizontally calibrate site and/or district expectations for student reading and writing and assess growth in student reading and writing skills over time in order to:
- Align and ensure consistency of rigor/expectations, pacing, and topic coverage/depth within courses (course-alike horizontal alignment)
- Develop an understanding of the coverage and development of topics & skills in the 7-12 course sequence and to ensure consistency cohesive development of topics and skills in our 7-12 course sequence. (vertical alignment)
- Teachers will develop an understanding of, and implement, instructional strategies, including technology-based instruction, to support students in thinking critically, providing authentic creative outlets, and incorporating supports for academic literacy.
- The PLC cycle is an integrated part of the teacher’s weekly planning and instruction to focus on assessing student growth and developing intervention strategies through the sharing of best practices.
- Teachers will assess needs for instructional materials and technological resources, and identify a delivery model (hard copy/digital/hybrid) that includes:
- An updated reading list including both fiction and non-fiction.
- Developing short and long-term plans for updating instructional materials.