Ms. Kardash's Homework
Parent Notice Board
- FSA test booklets and results going home November 30th.
* Blue homework folders have been handed out with agenda pages for students to bring work home. There are extra agenda pages in the classroom for students to use to keep track of assignments.
*Note: We have discussed the provincial Mandated SOGI/Social Justice curriculum in our class November 15th and had an opportunity for 7-3 students to ask questions to our ROMS 'Mx group ' with our counsellor and other staff present for information/questions.
As always, if you have any questions please feel free to email me email@example.com
Big Idea: Evolution by natural selection provides an explanation for the diversity and survival of living things.
1. In class work: Ecosystems Booklet and title page (due October 29th/Extended until November 5th)
2. In class: ongoing participation in discussions
3. Survival Need Foldable due Fri 26th
4. Inquiry Project Organiser Notes: Due 19/20th
5. Inquiry Research project Sharing due 22-26th
4.Inquiry project: Introduced November 5thCriteria Reviewed and graphic organiser provided Nov.5th
Research package due Monday Nov.19th
Project due Nov. 21/22nd ( As of Nov. 26th- 4 projects are still not handed in )
All Science projects and assignments were due last week. Social Studies
BIG IDEA: Religious and cultural practices that emerged during this period have endured and continue to influence people.
Ongoing in class Interactive Notebook
1. See, Wonder and Know class chart
Upcoming dates to note:
November 13 Field Trip to National Geographic Live. Thank you to 7-3 who represented ROMS well! It is a pleasure to have respectful engaged students!
November 23rd Pd Day
November 30 term 1 ends
November 30 "Movember" at ROMS
November 30 FSA testing sent home for those students who wrote the tests.
December 3 term 2 begins
Dec 7 Term 1 report cards home
Dec 12 Pancake Breakfast at ROMS
Dec 20 Silver City Field trip
Dec 24-Jan 4 Winder Vacation
If you are absent, need to clarify or just need some teacher help....EXTRA HELP is available :
Teacher help is available Monday and Wednesdays Lunch recess
and...... Friday before school as well other times if students sign up ahead of time.
Mr. Gabriel holds HELP club M-F Lunches
ROMS Study Club
- Mon, Wed, Thurs and Fri 8:00-9:00 am Tues 3:00-4:00 pm
Homework (Study) Club: (Mr. Forester Supervisor)
Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursday,Fridays 8:00-8:55 am
Students are welcome to attend any or all of the sessions available
6.1 Introduction to Equations due Nov 15th 6.2Using a model for solving equations
6.3 Solving equations using integers 1-5 Mon Nov. 26
Mid Unit REview P. 236 1-4 Wed Nov 28
6.4 Due Nov. 28
6.5 due Monday Dec 3
Final Review due Monday Dec 5th
Final Test Dec 6th. Postphoned until Dec 11th
***Equations Test Study Guide /35 marks***
1. Write equations in words
2. solve equations using different methods
3. Verify the solution
4. Interpret word problems, write, solve and verify the equation
5. Use the equation for area and perimeter to solve the equation then verify the solution
Daily reading and recording of pages read (on going) 20 min at school? 10+ at home
USMCA article due Friday Nov.30th( 7 not handed in)
'How t'o paragraph draft 1 due Tues. 27th
Hockey paragraph rewrite using grammar' dress ups' due Nov.28 ( 4 not done)
Snow paragraph rewrite using grammar 'dress ups'
Starting a new unit in Social studies! We will be using an interactive notebook which will stay at school in the classroom.