Travis Hansen - Principal - Bryan Flake - Vice Principal2966 South Frontage Road - American Falls, Idaho 83211 Phone: (208) 226-2531 - Fax: (208) 226-5853
We Believe - We Work - We Achieve
Gradation approval letter pdf
INC (incomplete) Clarification
Carta de graduación
Host an International Student
Why host?. Bring the world to you. Hosting is a lot like traveling the world without leaving the comfort of your home. You never know what experiences you could be missing until they're right at your doorstep.• Be the world to them. Young people around the world dream of studying in the USA, Canada, Ireland and the UK. Be a guide during their study abroad journey.• Grow your family. The relationship you build with your student lasts a lifetime as you become their "home away from home."• Discover the power of diversity. Hosting is a great way to fill your home with joy and laughter while also teaching your children that what makes us different can also bring us together.Do you know someone who would make a great host parent?!-Do you know someone who would make a great host parent?!Send us your host family referrals today, and we'll send you $100 for anyone you referwho follows through with hosting a student!For more information please contact: Aspen Perkins at 1 (385) 220-4558 or firstname.lastname@example.org
American Falls High School
Work and Grading expectations during distance learning
At American Falls High School, we are working hard to provide an appropriate and attainable distance learning opportunity for all students. Teachers are putting in extra time and effort to ensure that all students have access to their education during this uncertain time. We expect all students to take an active role in their education; we will all get through this together as long as we remember and live by our school mission statement. WE BELIEVE. WE WORK. WE ACHIEVE.
- If there is a legitimate obstacle that prohibits a student from completing assignments / participating in class, arrangements will be made on a case-by-case basis. These arrangements must be made with each individual teacher.
- Student may receive an incomplete (INC = Incomplete) with the opportunity to make up the credit at a later date.
- AFHS will take a “hold harmless” approach to grading. Students will be issued a letter grade as normal. At the end of the trimester when final grades are calculated, students will then have a choice to take the letter grade which will then be calculated in their GPA, or take a “P” PASS which will not be calculated in the GPA (they will receive the credit), or an “INC” incomplete (they will not receive credit) and they may have an opportunity to complete the coursework at a later date. This opportunity will be on an individual basis and is at the teacher’s discretion. Students will have this choice in each individual class, not one choice that applies to all classes.
- There will be no traditional cumulative final exams.
- Examples of exams may be:
- Take home style, open book / open note
- Projects (individual or collaborative)
- Examples of exams may be:
Parents & Students
Distance learning Format for the week of
March 30 -April 3
Dear Student and Parents,
I just wanted to make you aware of our plans as we move to a distance learning format for the week of March 30 -April 3. AFHS will be providing instruction online through Google Classroom. Students will be expected to complete and submit assignments on time, the same expectation as the traditional school setting. Many students and teachers have been using Google classroom all year so this will be an easy transition.
The plan for students who do not have internet access will be a paper format. Teachers are working on plans with these students as to the best method to exchange schoolwork which could be:
- Assignments could be mailed home for students to complete and then mailed back to the school for teachers to grade.
- They could be picked up in the office and then dropped off at the office.
- Any other feasible option that the teacher and student agree upon.
The school office will remain open during normal school hours.
Teachers are still required to work a full day every school day. They are required to make themselves available to students and parents from 9:00-2:00 each school day to provide instruction and answer questions. They will have the flexibility to do this from home or at school. The remainder of their worktime will be devoted to prep-work and grading.
We will not be holding our normal Student-Led Conferences scheduled for April 1, 2020. Instead TA teachers will be contacting you sometime that week to review the course requests your student has selected for the 2020-2021 school year.
During this time, we ask for parental assistance. Please talk with your student(s) about these expectations and help them develop and stick to a routine that will provide them the adequate amount of time to get the most possible out of this experience.
Please keep in mind that this plan could be extended past April 3 if needed and will be determined on a week-to-week basis. We will continue to work with state and local authorities to determine what is best and will keep you informed of any changes.
Please contact the school office if you have any questions.
Parents and students.
Do you want to receive important messages from AFHS School?
This would include getting a message about school closures due to weather or any other emergency event.
sign up to receive text messages or emails regarding important School announcements.
To sign up Text: 208-957-5624 Send message @d44bd