Pocatello High School’s goal is to assist students in selecting classes that will best prepare them for future endeavors. Students register for primary and alternate classes of their choice. This decision should be made carefully with input from parents, counselors and teachers. Students are strongly encouraged to select classes which will fulfill graduation requirements while preparing them for the college/career path they are contemplating. Students will be placed in the classes they registered for as space allows and if they have met all prerequisites.
We are open to adjusting student schedules/changing classes to better meet the unique needs of each student. Students wishing to make schedule changes must consult with their counselor.
Schedule Change Timeline:
- Must occur before the end of the 3rd school day in the trimester
- Changes after the 7 th school day will be recorded as withdraw/fail (WF) on transcript
- Counselors available for changes 2 weeks prior to start of trimester
Common Reasons to Change Schedule:
- Academic misplacement
- Repeating a class by mistake
- Missing prerequisites for the class
- Previously failed the class with same instructor
- Class change required to meet graduation requirements
- Change in interest or focus
Schedule changes for reasons other than those listed above may require administrative approval – see counselors for more information.