National Geographic Educator Certification Practicum
The National Geographic Educator Certification is a professional development program of the National Geographic Society. National Geographic Educator Certification is for informal and formal preK - Grade 12 teachers who are passionate about teaching their students about the world and equipping them to be explorers, conservationists, and global citizens.
Learn more about the NGCE at: https://www.nationalgeographic.org/education/programs/educator-certification/program-requirements
The South Dakota Discovery Center is offering 1.5 CEUs and 1 graduate workshop credit for becoming a National Geographic Certified Educator. The requirements for each is below.
Continuing Education Hours (CEUs)
Earn 1.5 CEUs.
Graduate Workshop Credit
Earn 1 credit from the University of Sioux Falls.
- Contact Anne to confirm your participation. You will be directed on how to register for credit.
- Complete all the requirements of certification.
- Check in twice with Anne, once between Phase 1 and Phase 2 and again between Phase 2 and Phase 3.
- Participate in the online community a minimum of 6 times.
- Initiate three posts: Teaching mission, Capstone share, and a relevant resource or opportunity.
- Respond to three other posts.
- Send a link to your completed Capstone submission to Anne .
- Forward the email from National Geographic confirming your certification to Anne .
Phase 1 Training
The South Dakota Discovery Center can deliver Phase 1 training as a stand alone 1-2 hour workshop or it can be embedded in a longer workshop as a working lunch or dinner.
Please check the South Dakota Discovery Center's Professional Development page for upcoming opportunities that feature Phase 1 training.