CCCM Pack 316
Why Pack 316?
As part of the Scouting Ministry at Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa, Pack 316 has been committed to encouraging and developing young people since 1984.
The Scouting Ministry of Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa is established for the purpose of being a ministry to young people and families of Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa. The Scouting Ministry proclaims the supremacy of God and the Lordship of Jesus Christ as a fundamental belief and foundation. The purpose of this Scouting Ministry is to help the youth develop into Christian leaders. The Scouting Ministry has elected to use the scouting program of the Boy Scouts of America as the primary vehicle to achieve this purpose
What is Cub Scouts about?
Cub Scouting is a year-round family oriented program designed for boys who are in the Kindergarten through 5th grades. Cub Scouting is part of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) program whose overall aims are: character development, citizenship training and personal fitness.
Cub Scouting uses seven specific methods to achieve these aims:
- The Ideals – Scout Oath, Scout Law, the Cub Scout Motto
- The Den – boys belonging to a group of boys their own age, learning new skills
- Advancement – recognition of personal achievement
- Family Involvement – an essential part of Cub Scouting
- Activities – games, skits, songs, outdoor activities, trips
- Home and Neighborhood Centered – learning to give back to the community
- The Uniform – helps build pride, loyalty and self-respect. It also encourages a neat appearance, sense of belonging and good behavior.
Where and when do we meet?
Pack 316 meets at Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa near the firepit next to the Junior High building every Monday evening at 7:00 PM.
How much does it cost?
The annual membership fee for the Pack is $65 for new and returning members.
Pack dues cover:
- National membership into the Boy Scouts of America and supplemental insurance
- Advancement insignia (rank patches, Adventure Loops, etc)
- Pack Activity Uniform t-shirt (for new members only)
Other costs that the family will be responsible for:
- Official uniform ~$120
- Scout Handbook $18
- Camping fees ~$15
Pack 316 participates in two fundraisers each year. These fundraising efforts help build a Scout’s confidence in public speaking and dealing with adults.
Fundraising also allows the Pack to continue to provide a free camping experience for the Scout.