MYP Service as Action
Service as action
Action and service have always been shared values of the IB community.
Students take action when they apply what they are learning in the classroom and beyond. IB learners strive to be caring members of the community who demonstrate a commitment to service—making a positive difference to the lives of others and to the environment.
Student requirement for the 2016/17.
- Identify own strengths and develop areas for growth.
- Demonstrate that challenges have been undertaken, developing new skills in the process.
- Demonstrate how to initiate and plan a CAS experience.
- Show commitment to and perseverance in CAS experiences.
- Demonstrate the skills and recognize the benefits of working collaboratively.
- Demonstrate engagement with issues of global significance.
- Recognize and consider the ethics of choices and actions.