Library Learning Commons
Welcome. Check out books. Read. Work on the computer or collaborate with a group. Read.
Do puzzles or mosaics. Read. Play chess or checkers. Read. Sit quietly. Read.
School of Engineering freshman working collaboratively
- Destiny Discover - Books and eBooks
- Encyclopedia Britannica - Articles, biographies, world atlas
- FactCheck.org - Hold politicians accountable.
- Gale eBooks - articles from specialized encyclopedias.
- GALILEO - articles from books, magazines and newspapers
- ProCon.org - Controversial issues, reliable sources
- Public Library - PINES state-wide library system
- Savannah Morning News - Savannah Now
- Snopes.com - Urban mythbuster
- Student Sign-in - Coming from class? Show your pass.
These interactive presentation and slideshow apps and websites give students tools to make their work fun, engaging, and interesting. They can create screencasts to teach a topic to the class, use a design tool to craft sleek graphics, or record entertaining animations.
The 2018 Best Websites for Teaching & Learning foster the qualities of innovation, creativity, active participation, and collaboration. Sites recognized are free web-based sites that are user friendly and encourage a community of learners to explore and discover.
Library Learning Commons Expectations
- All students will be provided with access to information, ideas, and resources that promote intellectual freedom, literacy, and life-long learning.
- Students will use Media Center services, equipment, and facilities with respect.
- Students will use all technology resources for educational purposes.