Information Literacy: Lesson Plan
Howdy and Welcome to my Information Literacy Lesson Plan for my Special Topics course on Information Literacy from Rutgers University in the spring semester of 2017.
You can explore this lesson plan using the navigation at the top of the page, or by clicking through below:
- Scenario - introduces INST 322, the class that this lesson is designed for. It also includes information about the assignment the class is working on and instructor requests.
- Learning Goals - features an alignemeent grid of the goals and objectives that guide this teaching experience. Library session outcomes are aligned with the ‘ACRL Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education’, assessment, teaching/learning activities, and needed resources.
- Example Exercises - includes a presentation that sets up the Debate of Sources Group Activity, the Find My Librarian Race Handout, and the One Minute Paper that can be used in this class.
- Information Resources - are resources that can be shared with this class.
- Reflection - connects this lesson plan with the semester long course at Rutgers on information literacy theory and practice.