The Olympiad will be held at IIIT-Delhi on 10th May, 2019 and high school students of class 9-12 are eligible to register for the Olympiad. The registration is free for the Olympiad and registrations are open till 6pm, 9th May, 2019. We'll also have on-the-spot registrations on 10th May. For on-spot registration please bring your school ID-card.
The timings for the Olympiad are 9:30am-12:30pm and the reporting time for students is from 8-9am.
Two levels of Olympiad will be organized:
- Level 1: Classes 9 and 10
- Level 2: Classes 11 and 12
Students can expect questions from topics they would have studied before. The problems will be of varying difficulty and of non-routine types.
The following list is not an exhaustive one.
- Algebra: Polynomials, Solving equations, inequalities and complex numbers
- Combinatorics: Counting techniques, pigeon hole principle, principle of inclusion and exclusion
- Geometry: Trigonometric methods, geometry of circles and triangles
- Number Theory: Divisibility, congruence relations, elementary results on prime numbers
- Sequences and Series
The Olympiad will be a 3 hour written paper consisting of both objective and subjective questions.