WHEN DO TEAMS RECEIVE CLINICAL SUPPORT?
The Clinical Support Team will provide ongoing and consistent consultation as long as the student has interventionist level support.
In addition to the Clinical Support Team's specific consultation provided within their area of expertise, the assigned Clinical Team member supports the team in the following ways:
- Attends regular team meetings with special educator, SLP, classroom teacher, interventionist and others.
- Provide support with regard to creation and maintenance of program notebook for student.
- Support team in using Independence Checklist as a guide for IEP development
- General consultation and support as needed for data-based program development that includes independence skills training
- Conduct classroom observations as needed to help assess student progress and support practical problem solving