The mission of the Farmington School District is to develop and prepare every individual for lifelong learning and participation in a global society through quality education. The Farmington School District is a supportive learning environment for students, school staff, families, and the greater community.
The Farmington School District holds the following values as essential to being an active participant in education and the greater global community:
Trust - the belief in ourselves and others to be just, reliable, and supportive
Integrity - the strength of character to persevere while being ethical, responsible, and thoughtful.
Genuineness - being honest and sincere in sharing beliefs, values, and passions with self and others.
Empathy - the ability to feel compassion for others’ feelings and opinions.
Respect - the dignity, honor, and courtesy to value self, others, and environment.
Success - is the continual achievement of goals
"Once a Tiger, Always A Tiger"
The Farmington School District believes that all are learners.
The following statements define our beliefs about learning.
We believe learning:
- encompasses discovery, development and utilization of multiple interests and abilities
- is preparation for an extensive range of opportunities, careers and future goals.
- extends beyond the classroom.
- requires a positive culture and climate that respects diversity and encourages greatness
- promotes personal growth and enhances leadership qualities
- is a process that evolves to meet the challenges of the ever-changing world.