Grade 8 Acting: Shakespeare and Classic Tales
GOOGLE CLASS CODES:
8-1 p7h3z2o 8-2 oqbngy
*Check regularly for weekly agenda, homework assignments, reminders, extension work, extra credit and more!
This class will explore...Shakespeare and Classic Tales.
- Take a journey through the history of theatre, Shakespeare and storytelling
- Analyzing scripts: characters, plots and underlying lessons
- Responding to theatrical performances and literature
- Creating theatrical variations of a classic tale through scripting and workshop-based performances
- Basic acting techniques
- Theatre Vocabulary
100% of each student's grade will be based on the following areas:
- Performance & Participation tied to specific skills and content
- Written Work, Reflections, Self-Group Evaluations
- Presentations (individual/group)
- Projects (individual/group)
- Other demonstrations of learning
*All assignments will be posted in googleclass-please check daily! May come in the form of journals/reflections, hand-outs, extension activities, listening/viewing clips, at home practice, group collaboration and more! I will also post fun extension videos and links from time to time!
Materials Needed (daily):
- 1/2" binder
- 10-15 sheets of lined or white computer paper
- Pencil w/eraser
*Note: All students will want to dress in clothes and shoes that they can move in as we will be doing many physical acting and movement exercises in this class.