Mr. Pritchard's 7th/8th Grade Social Studies
March 2018 in 7th Grade Social Studies:
- The ideas and concepts of Manifest Destiny.
- How Florida, Texas, California, and Utah became states.
- The causes and results of the war with Mexico.
- How the Gold Rush affected California.
- Why the Mormons settled in Utah.
This month in 8th Grade Social Studies:
- How World War II began.
- How the war affected the United States at home.
- How war developed in Europe and North Africa and how Germany was defeated.
- What events occurred in the Pacific and how Japan was defeated.
I am entering my sixth year of teaching Social Studies in Candia. Each day brings unique challenges and I look forward to the discussions, debates, and insights that can be presented inside the classroom.
My wife and I have two sons and two dogs named Ollie and Cobra. My oldest son Harrison is two years old. He is currently unemployed and lives at home. We welcomed our second child Easton at the beginning of September.
When not teaching, my wife and I and spend a majority of our time chasing a toddler, taking him on new adventures and rooting for the Patriots & Red Sox.