Session S2 W1
- Dynamic Stretching
- Burgener Barbell Warm up
- Perform 3 sets of 5 repetitions of Tempo Back Squats with an empty bar. Use a tempo of 55x1, which means a 5 second decline, followed by a 5 second pause in the hole, explode to the top of the movement with fully opened hips, then a one second pause at the top.
- 5 sets of 5 repetitions of Tempo Back Squats (with warm up). With these you perform a slow, 3-second decline, pause at the bottom of your squat for 3 seconds, then explode up with a one second pause before the next repetition. You will perform these at a MUCH lower weight than your normal back squat load.
- 3 sets of max reps of Shoulder Press Burnouts. You will do the maximum number of strict shoulder presses you can before dropping to a push press. When you can no longer perform any additional push presses, drop to push jerks. Take 5-10 minutes to recover. Try to match your total number of reps each set.
- 4 sets of 25 repetitions of GHD Sit-ups (If you cannot perform GHD situps, then please scale this by performing GHD Parallel Situps, Abmat situps or standard situps).
- Perform 3 sets of max reps of Pull-ups