Session S1 W4
- Dynamic Stretching
- Burgener Barbell Warm up
- 3 sets of 5 reps of slow tempo Romanian Dead Lifts from the high hang position. Starting from the top of the movement, work on getting the most stretch you can without ANY curve in your lower back.
- 5 sets of 3 repetitions of slow 5 second Negative Dead lifts. Start with an empty bar and work up to an easy three reps.
- 5 sets of 3-5 repetitions of conventional style dead lifts. Start at the weight you did above with the negative dead lifts. Take only 2 minutes of rest between sets.
- Perform 5 sets of 25-30 GHD Parallel Situps, followed quickly by 5 sets of 15 GHD Hip Extensions. Execute one set of GHD Parallel Situps followed by one set of GHD Hip Extensions.
- 5 sets of maximum repetitions of Supinated Pull-ups. Take only 90s of rest between sets.
- Use an Abmat or normal sit-ups on a flat surface. Try using a small rolled up towel under your lower back to alleviate pressure on your lower back/tail bone.
- GHD Hip Extensions are amazing for strength, stability and explosiveness in your posterior chain. If you do not have access to a GHD machine, you can have a partner hold your legs to the floor or use a bench.