Session S1 W2
- 5 working sets of 8-10 Sumo Deadlift starting with an empty bar. Work up to the heaviest weight you can while maintaining superb form.
- 5 sets of 8-10 reps of Glute Bridges.
- 3 sets of 15 reps of GHD Hip Extensions.
- After each set of GHD Hip Extensions, flip over and perform 5-10 high quality GHD Sit-ups.
- If you do not have proper sumo deadlift form, scale to conventional deadlifts for working sets, but practice some empty bar movements during your warm-up.
- Hip extensions should be primarily utilizing the posterior chain (glutes, hamstrings) and not your lower back. If you feel tightness in your lower back, concentrate on forcefully extending your legs and driving your torso up.
- GHD Sit-ups are potentially dangerous if you perform many of them without properly adding them slowly to your training regiment for several weeks. Please do only 5-10 at a time and listen to your body. They are an amazing exercise for uniform power and strength throughout your core, but be smart!