College Course Information

College Courses on HS campus:  Follow rules outlined in the google classroom plus document families signed

College Courses- taken independently (not at UCHS)

SUMMER COLLEGE CLASSES- students who will have completed 10th and 11th grade HS who want to take a college class during the summer at Mesa, Miramar, or City. Registration is open now. Student must have above a 3.0 overall GPA and in good standing MAY qualify to take a college class this summer. High school students requesting concurrent enrollment may be admitted as "Special Part-Time" High School Students. 

Remember, you must be in good standing and meet all of the COLLEGE prerequisites for the class.  If you earn a D/F or Withdraw “W” in the course it will go onto your college transcript and you will no longer be able to take a CC class during High School. It may jeopardize your college acceptance and financial aid. You can only use up to 10 college courses (each counts as a course including summer classes) on a HS transcript TOTAL.  Any course taken not at the HS that is on the approved list ( MAY go on your HS transcript as a “P” pass if you do not exceed the 10 maximum courses while in HS. “P” grades are not calculated in your HS GPA.  You will need to provide the UCHS registrar, Mrs. Lomeli-Hidalgo, with an official college transcript IF you would like for her to include it on your HS transcript.  You will use the college transcript with the actual letter grade for your college applications. 

IMPORTANT: Do not forget to count your senior year classes if you are planning on taking CC classes your senior year must be included in the max 10. Once a class is put on the HS transcript it WILL NOT be removed.  Course enrollment is not guaranteed and you incur all costs except tuition

Instructions for how to enroll in a college summer course see 3 steps below:

If you don’t have one yet (not in CC class now, biomed, theater tech, child dev. or taken intro to design) must apply now 

Miramar College Assessment Center or Mesa College Assessment Center or City College Assessment Office