French is one of the language subjects offered at junior cycle. In French you will learn how to introduce and describe yourself, describe your house, and ask for directions. You will learn to write the language as well as speak it orally. As most colleges require a third language, French could be essential for 3rd level education.
What will I learn?
How to converse with other people, introduce yourself, and ask for directions etc. in French.
How to read and write French.
What will I do?
- Learn to introduce yourself in French; describing your appearance, personality, and hobbies.
- Participate in written and oral exams to ensure you pronounce words correctly.
- Listen to CD clips of native french speakers engaging in conversation.
- Pair up with other students and ask each other questions in French.
- Host students from the town of Moëlan-sur-Mer, Brittany, for the School's Student Exchange Program.
- Over their first three years learning and studying the subject, students will learn to, for example; introduce and describe themselves, describe their house, or ask for directions. They will learn to write the language as well as speak it orally.
- Sancta Maria College is paired with the town of Moëlan-sur-Mer, Brittany, for its student exchange program. Several french students have come and gone through the years, and they have always contributed positively towards our students learning the French language in a more active and engaged way.