3B - Mrs. Fabian
Welcome to Third Grade!!!
Dear Parents and Third Grade Students,
I want to welcome you to third grade at St. Elizabeth's. Our school community is committed to proved a caring and faith filled environment to enrich your child academically and spiritually. This school year there will be two third grade classes. I will be teaching Math, Science, Social Studies, Religion, and Guidance. Ms. Cardneaux will be teaching Reading, Writing, Spelling, English, and Hand Writing.
To make the transition into third grade easier, the following information will help to get your school year started:
- 1. Beginning of the school day - Classes start at 8:00 A.M. Early morning drop off is at 7:15 in the cafeteria. The office will give tardy slips starting at 8:00 A.M.
- 2. End of the school day - Classes end at 3:00 P.M. We dismiss from the play ground. Remind your child to tell the teacher they are leaving. If someone else is picking up your child, let the teacher know (by email) or the front office.
- 3. Absent - If your child is going to be absent, please email the teacher. A "Pink" sheet will be filled out, with the assignments for that day, and will be at the front office for you to pick up by the end of the school day.
- 4. Morning Snack - Monday-Thursday at 10:20-10:30. You are welcome to send a health snack. We eat in the classroom during this time.
- 5. Recess/Lunch - Third grade will go to recess at 11:15-11:37 on Monday - Thursday. Lunch is from 11:37-12:00 on Monday - Thursday. Friday, recess is 11:50 - 12:10 followed by lunch at 12:10-12:30. You are always welcome to have lunch with your child.
- 6. Birthdays - During lunch time, you can send a cupcake/cookie as a treat. Email the teacher on the day you plan on sending a treat. Please do not send party bags.
- 7. Class Parties - The following are the holidays for parties/activities: Halloween Costume Parade, Christmas Party, Easter Egg Hunt, and End of School Party. The homeroom parent(s) will arrange the parties with the teacher followed by information sent to the rest of the parents.
- 8. Mass - Each Friday and other religious holidays when we are at school, we attend Mass at 8:00 A.M. Students must dress in Mass uniforms. You are welcome to attend Mass and sit with you child. Please inform the teacher if you are sitting with your child and at the end of Mass, return your child to their homeroom teacher.
- 9. Tutoring - Monday, Tuesday and Thursday form 3:20-4:00. I will contact you if your child needs tutoring.
- 10. RenWeb - All grades are posted in RenWeb. The front office will help you for log in information. During Parent Night we will go over the site. All other information will be posted on a Google Site. (to be given out by the teacher)
In my class room I use a conduct sheet per week. It will be in their RED take home folder and must be initialed daily by a parent. All students start each day at 100%. A check will be put in category then a percentage will be given daily. This will then be average for the week.
Third graders will have home work Monday-Thursday. They will be responsible to write down home work daily in their Planners. I will check the first few weeks of school to make sure they are completing this task. When possible, home work assignments can be completed in the class room. On the day before a test, I will try not to give home work. Late home work = 5 points off per day the 1st and 2nd Quarters, 10 points per day the 3rd and 4th Quarters.
I hope to have a super school year!
The best way to contact me is through email. I will respond back within 24 hours.