Welcome to the 2018/2019 school year. As many of you may already know some exciting changes have taken place. To begin with Grades 1-2 will be self-contained and grades 3-4 are departmentalized. Grades 1 and 2 the students will only have their classroom teacher. Grades 3 and 4 the students will move between classes. Each grade will have a homeroom where we will have morning prayer, announcements, attendance, as well as breakfast. Outside food is not permitted.
We must work together to ensure that your child has a positive and productive new year at Saint Joseph. Therefore, we are asking you adhere to the following:
- Students are expected to be in their homeroom by 8:00 am sharp, daily.
- Students are to be prepared daily with all materials needed (notebooks, pencils, folders, and textbooks).
- Students are to be in proper uniform attire
- Test papers and all graded assignments must be signed by a parents and returned to the teacher to be filed. (see Google Classroom for announcements.)
- All classwork and homework must be completed along with projects on time.
- Daily lessons should be reviewed on a daily basis to prepare for assessments.
- Visit the school website and Google Classroom for announcements, reminders, and homework @saintjosephschoolbronx.org.
- Review student handbook for policies and return the last page singed acknowledging you have read the handbook.
Below is a list of supplies each student needs in the classroom by September 14. Thanking you in advance for your help and support.
Third Floor Supply List
Grades 1, 2, 3 and 4
* 3 rolls of paper towels * 2 packs of construction paper * 2 boxes of tissues
* 1 pack of copy paper * 2 composition notebooks * 4 glue sticks
* 2 pack of pencils * 2 containers of Clorox or Lysol wipes
* 2 24 packs of Crayola crayons * 2 2 pocket folders
* 2 bottles of hand sanitizer * 1 box of gallon sized Ziploc
* 1 pack of colored pencils
First Grade Only Third and Fourth Grades Only
$4.00 for 2 classroom notebooks 1 pack of colored pencils
It is vital that your contact information is updated so you can be aware of your child´s progress, homework, activities at school, questions or concerns, and projects, etc..
Please send me your contact information--phone number(s) and your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, please join the Remind App as I will be sending quick reminders through the app. Click on the following link to join and stay connected! https://www.remind.com/join/924e4c