Formation hosted by Saint John XXIII Church
Our mission is to help parents lead their children to Jesus. We invite, teach and challenge children and their families to become Disciples of Christ. The schedule, program and process differs by age level. The younger children (in grades primary to 5) will attend weekly Catechism on Sunday mornings. Middle school children (grades 6 to 8) will attend Tuesday evenings and grades 9 to 12 will attend Wednesday evenings.
- PLA: Children primary-age and older who have not yet received the sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist are invited to participate in the PLA (Pray-Listen-Act) program which takes place during Sunday 9am Mass. PLA is modeled off Children’s Liturgy of the Word, but with a greater emphasis on activities designed to teach Catechism basics arising from the Gospel of the day.
- We Celebrate (First Reconciliation and Eucharist): When the children and their families have demonstrated their readiness, they will be invited to enter the We Celebrate First Reconciliation and Eucharist Program. This program includes weekly classes for the children immediately following the 9am Mass most Sunday mornings, 10:10-11:10am. There will also be a parent gathering once a month during the same time period.
- LEdge: Children who have received First Reconciliation and Eucharist and are in Grade 3 – 5 are invited to attend LEdge (Little Edge) immediately following the 9am Mass most Sunday mornings, 10:10-11:10am. LEdge uses Life Teen’s format to deliver the curricula mandated by the diocese (BeMyDisciples) on a weekly basis.
- Edge: Middle school youth (grades 6 to 8) meet weekly on Tuesdays, 6:30-8pm. Edge provides a safe fun place for youth to find solid Catholic community, to get answers to their questions about faith, and, most importantly, to experience Jesus in a profound and personal way. The resources present Catholic teaching in a way that young people can understand.
- Purpose (Confirmation): When the Teens and their families have demonstrated their readiness, they will be invited to enter Purpose (A confirmation program offered by Life Teen). Purpose is designed to help proclaim the Gospel message to young people while providing an atmosphere where they are accompanied by adult leaders toward discipleship. Confirmation Sessions will take place on Wednesday evenings , 7-8:30pm in the parish hall. There will be monthly parent sessions during the same time period.
- Life Teen: is our "Senior High School" program that meets each Wednesday evening , 7-8:30pm in the parish hall. This program is open to all teens in grades 9 to 12. Life Teen leads teenagers and their families into a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ and His Church and seeks to unleash the fullness of the Sacramental power present within the young Church.
Registration Fee Structure:
Register before July 9, 2019: $35 per child, $60 maximum per family.
Register on or after July 9, 2019: $55 per child, $90 maximum per family.
You may post-date or defer payment to September and still get the reduced rate. If the registration fee represents a financial hardship for your family, please speak with your DRE or Pastor. We can waive the fee for those unable to pay. If you are in a financial situation where you can contribute more than the stated fees, please consider making a donation to support a less fortunate family. Any such donations will be earmarked for Family Faith Formation.
Formation hosted by Saint Clement Church
Religious Education: The program we are using this year is titled “A Family of Faith”. The methodology of it, is that parents learn and practice their faith so that they can effectively teach their children. At the parish, parents attend a monthly lecture (1st Sunday of each month after Mass), where they learn through teaching, discussion and activities. At home, over the course of a month, parents with the aid of an easy to use parent guide, teach their children two lessons with clearly designed activities that involve the whole family. In community (4th Sunday of the month), families come together again for an enjoyable event, such as a picnic, feast day celebration, and activities. Course materials are; a parent guide, and a children’s activity book with various age appropriate activities, games, creative projects for the whole family, journal pages, Scripture verses for memorization, essential prayers and inspiring saint stories.
For First Confession/First Communion preparation I am using a series of 2 workbooks, “Making Things Right” for the Sacrament of Reconciliation, and “Called to His Supper” for 1st Communion. Both of these workbooks are to be completed over 8 weeks by the child under the guidance of the parents, and there will also be a series of “retreat mornings” here at the church to round out the teachings of the programs.
The youth in grade 6, 7, & 8 and those seeking to be Confirmed, will be attending the Edge Program and Confirmation program offered by Saint John XXIII church.
CONTACT: Corinne Casey - email@example.com
Formation hosted by Saint Andrew Church
Children join with at least one of their parents in a small group setting to take part in the lesson with their child[ren]. Depending on the age group of children, there are usually two groups - one consisting of Grades One, Two, and Three; the other Grades Four, Five, and Six [if applicable]. Family Faith Formation runs for one hour on Sunday morning before Mass begins with a teaching of the day followed by an activity regarding the teaching.
CONTACT: Cathy Patriquin - firstname.lastname@example.org