G-2.03 RULING ELDERS: THE MINISTRY OF DISCERNMENT AND GOVERNANCE
At SACPC our Session is made up up 18 Ruling Elders elected by the congregation, and our ordained ministers. The Pastor/Head of Staff acts as the moderator of Session, and is supported by a Clerk of Session - a role currently held by Katherine Brandi. The Session generally meets on the third Monday of each month to discuss and make decisions about church ministry focus, policies, and regular business such as approving baptisms, and to discuss comments, questions, and concerns shared by members of the congregation.
Something to Say?
We'd love to hear from you! If you have something to share with the Session please email us at email@example.com. Your message will be delivered directly to Session for review and discussion.
June Meeting Agenda
The next Session meeting is scheduled for June 26 at 7PM. It will be held in the dining room. Our agenda includes the following:
- Session Committee Reports (Consent Agenda items)
- Financial Status Review
- "Build and Nurture Relationship" discovery and discernment
- Session Committee Reports
- Transition Issues
- Ministry Focus Report of the Pastor/Head of Staff
Church members are welcome to attend Session meetings.
- Budget & Finance: Responsible for preparing church budgets, forecasting, making recommendations for finance options, etc. Reviews staff financial reports, prepares reports for Session consideration in conjunction with staff.
- Personnel: Responsible for personnel support, personnel policy development (coordinated with policy committee), legal/regulatory compliance, resource for staff, etc.
- Planning: Responsible for developing and managing church Session planning processes.
- Policy: Responsible for establishing/directing policy format (to include motions), incorporating "policy" decisions in appropriate policy manual(s), coordinating regular Session review of policies, ensuring policies are up-to-date and accessible by all church members, etc.
- Communication: Responsible for coordinating communication of Session decisions to congregation, facilitating research information requests (of Session), coordinating regular receipt of/response to congregational feedback, etc.
- Training: Responsible for training incoming officers, volunteers, Session committee chairs, etc. on policy, roles/responsibilities, etc.
Get to Know Your Session Elders
Katherine Brandi, Clerk of Session
The clerk of session is elected by the session. The primary duties of the clerk are to record the minutes of the session, keep rolls of membership and attendance of the session, preserve the records of the session, and to furnish extracts to other governing bodies when required.
St. Andrews-Covenant Presbyterian Church (910) 762-9693 firstname.lastname@example.org