Welcome to the Bigelow Team!
- We believe relationships are key to building a strong, healthy community for students to learn and grow.
- We strive to build a climate of trust, respect and open-mindedness.
- We create a safe space for students to learn about themselves and each other.
- We empower students by helping them learn from their mistakes in a caring and responsive classroom.
- Students belong to the community and have an equal voice.
- Students feel welcome in the community.
- Students participate in community circles both in classroom or restorative meetings with administration and/or the guidance counselor.
- Students are held accountable for their behaviors and choices.
- Students process all academic and social conflicts with a team teacher.
- Students strive to be compassionate listeners in the community and practice empathy.
- Students are given the opportunity to reflect and debrief in a safe environment.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Where can I find what my child has for homework?
Homework is updated daily on the Homework Tab.
When are grades updated on Powerschool?
PowerGrade is updated once a week on Fridays.
What if my child is absent?
Students are given extra time to complete missed work. When work is completed they can turn it into the Grade Box for correction. Late / Absent work will updated on Powerschool when corrected.
How can I get in touch with my student during the day?
Keep in mind that students use their iPads throughout the day. Please refrain from messaging them during that time. If you need to get in touch with them for an emergency, please call the office or email us and we will have them call you.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email us. We try to respond to all emails within 24 hours.