This is a weekly assignment. Students are given 8 questions every Monday and they are due on Friday and we will review their answers. It is important that they properly cite their sources.
- Nystrom World Map. (1:25,705,000) Culver City, CA: Nystrom Education, 2014. Print
- Haskin's Maps. Haskin's World Map. Map ( 1:63360000). Atlantic Beach, FL: Haskin's Maps, 2018. Print.
- Markham, Lois. Mesopotamia. New York, NY: Kids Discover, 1999. Print.
- Mesopotamia | The Sumerians (Ancient History) [video]. (2016). Retrieved January 26, 2016 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcUaGu-h5ac
- Engineering an Empire: Egypt. Directed by Christopher Cassel. KPI Productions. 9 October 2006.
- Building the Great Pyramid. Directed by Jonathan Stamp. 28 October 2002.
- Engineering an Empire: Rome. Directed by Christopher Cassel. A & E Home Video. 28 August 2007.
Social Studies Games
***FOR WHEN ALL YOUR OTHER WORK IS DONE
Continents and Oceans:
States East of the Mississippi River:
States West of the Mississippi River:
Former Soviet Union:
Try these games for learning about the government!
Executive Command - This game is so much fun! It is challenging, too! Can you handle the many jobs of the President?
Counties Work - "In Counties Work, students learn about local government by playing a county official responding to citizen requests. They must keep citizens happy and manage county resources responsibly. Are citizens making sensible requests? Which department of local government has the solution? Do taxes need to be raised or lowered to keep a balanced budget? How will citizens react—and what’s the best action when crisis strikes? Challenges come from all directions in this fast-paced game!"
U.S. Presidents Quiz - For fun