Traineeships are a new programme for young people who want to work, but who need extra help to gain an apprenticeship or job. Traineeships will give these young people the opportunity to develop the skills and workplace experience that employers require. RWP Training are pleased to be able to offer a range of Traineeships for young people in Cumbria.
What is a Traineeship?
Traineeships prepare young people for their future careers by helping them to become ‘work ready’.
Traineeships provide the essential work preparation training, maths and English and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or other job:
- Work preparation training which ensures young people have the skills and confidence needed for an Apprenticeship or other job.
- Maths and English support to improve young people’s literacy and numeracy.
- Meaningful work experience which provides insight and experience of the world of work.
Why are Traineeships important?
Traineeships will ensure all young people have the work skills, maths and English and work experience needed to start their careers.
- Developed in response to business needs, Traineeships ensure employers have the talented workforce required for business success.
- Developed with employers, Traineeships will last anything from six weeks to a maximum of six months with the content tailored to the needs of the business and the individual.
- Employers will be at the centre of Traineeships, running or designing the programme and offering high quality work placements in partnership with a trusted provider.
Who are Traineeships for?
Traineeships are an ideal opportunity for young people who are motivated to get a job but who lack the skills and experience that employers are looking for. Young people who have been applying unsuccessfully for Apprenticeship vacancies due to a lack of skills or experience could be good candidates for a Traineeship.
Suitable for Traineeships
Someone who is suitable for a Traineeship is:
- Unemployed and have a little work experience
- Motivated to work
- Aged 16 to 18 and qualified below level 3 or 19 up to 23 and have not yet achieved a full level 2
- Can be ready for employment or an Apprenticeship within six months of engaging in a Traineeship
Employers - RWP can recruit trainees, and provide suitable training from Traineeship, through Apprenticeship and Advanced Apprenticeship for your business.
To find out more, contact us now on 01228 593446 or via our CONTACT FORM