The Rockwood School District participates in FIRST FTC Robotics.
The teams are presented a challenge at the beginning of the school year. We spend the season (Aug-Apr) working on the robot, performing Outreach, and competing in two (2) local Meets and one (1) major Qualifier Tournament... all with the hopes (and expectations) of advancing to the State Tournament in Rolla, MO (Feb) and World Championship in Houston, TX (Apr).
We ask all participants in the Robotics program to express the philosophies of Gracious Professionalism and Coopertition® through the FIRST® Core Values:
- Discovery: We explore new skills and ideas.
- Innovation: We use creativity and persistence to solve problems.
- Impact: We apply what we learn to improve our world.
- Inclusion: We respect each other and embrace our differences.
- Teamwork: We are stronger when we work together.
- Fun: We enjoy and celebrate what we do!
We are proud to partner up with Mentors that work in STEM-related fields that guide our Robotics students in all areas of the design thinking process. And we are grateful for the other volunteers that donate their time and support.
For more information about the Robotics program, and to find resources related to this program, please click on the individual pages above.