Uniform List 2016/17
Uniform must be worn throughout Years 9, 10 & 11. All items must be named.
All items of uniform, PE kit and Blazer Badge are available from:
Schoolyard Ltd, Unit 1 & 2 Jarman Way, Royston, Herts. SG8 5FE
Tel: 01763-245911. www.meridian.schoolyardonline.co.uk
- Plain white school blouse. A tie does not need to be worn with a blouse. A white T-shirt may be worn under a blouse. (No polo necks).
- Plain white shirt. A white T-shirt may be worn under a shirt. A tie must be worn with a shirt.
- School tie must be worn with a shirt, black with Logo and Stripe for Years 9-11. (The logo must be visible under the knot when fastened).
- Plain Black Blazer for Years 9-11. This must have the school badge on the chest pocket. Blazers to be worn at all times during the school day except during practical lessons such as PE or D & T
- Plain black V neck jumper or cardigan (This garment is optional). No Hoodies.
- A black skirt (no splits) no shorter than 2-3 inches above the knee. Tight, stretch fabric material that rides up is not suitable.
- Plain black tailored trousers (as shown on the schoolyard website). No leggings, skinny fit trousers or jeans.
- Plain black trousers, no jeans and no skinny fit trousers. Belts, if worn should be plain black.
- Boys – Plain black sensible shoes. Boots and trainers are not acceptable.
- Girls – Plain black sensible shoes (maximum 2” heel). Boots and trainers are not acceptable.
PE and Games Uniform (for both Boys and Girls unless otherwise stated)
NO JEWELLERY TO BE WORN DURING PE LESSONS
- White polo shirt with school logo
- Black Hoodie with Meridian Logo (girls)
- White sports socks
- Meridian Rugby shirt with school logo (boys)
- Gum shield & shin guards – rugby and hockey (Boys and Girls)
- Plain black shorts or tracksuit bottoms
- Black socks with Meridian on the calf
- Trainers and studded footwear (no metal studs/blades)
Non logo items can also be bought elsewhere, e.g. M&S, BHS, Tesco etc
Jewellery, make-up, and nail varnish
One plain stud may be worn in each ear, no other piercings allowed. No facial jewellery should be worn. No other jewellery should be worn except a wrist watch. Light make-up is acceptable. Nail varnish is allowed, but must be removed for Food Technology.