Link to school performance table is https://www.compare-school-performance.service.gov.uk/school/137656
(KS4 data here is based on provisional data, before data checking exercise closed - this will be updated in January 2018)
Key Stage 4
School progress 8 score: -0.34
School attainment 8 score: 41.17
Percentage of pupils who’ve achieved a standard pass (grade 4 or above) in English and maths:
- 73.8% English (grade 4 or above)
- 72.1% Maths (grade 4 or above)
- 63.1% English and maths (grade 4 or above)
Percentage of pupils achieving a strong pass (grade 5 or above) in English and maths:
- 49.2% English (grade 5 or above)
- 36.1% Maths (grade 5 or above)
- 27.9 % English and maths (grade 5 or above)
Percentage of pupils entering for the English Baccalaureate: 16 %
Percentage of pupils who’ve achieved the English Baccalaureate:
- 7 % (grade 4 or above)
- 6 % (grade 5 or above)
Percentage of students staying in education or employment after key stage 4 (destinations): 97 %
Key Stage 5 - Meridian Sixth Form College
At Meridian Sixth Form College, we consistently achieve impressive examination results: a consequence of high quality teaching and learning, as well as the hard work of our students.
This high level of achievement ensures that our students can progress along their chosen path. In 2017 we were pleased to report a 94% pass rate at A level (68% A* - C grades).
We are particularly pleased with this set of data given this is the first year, for many of our subjects, through the new linear A level examinations, which are acknowledged to be a more rigorous examination that previous years, thus are not directly comparable with the previous year’s results. We are very pleased with the very high proportion of students who have been able to proceed with their chosen path of study, training or employment.
The proportion of students achieving the highest grades is particularly impressive. Students studying BTEC courses also achieved excellent results.
A Level Results for Year 13 - Aug 2017
Destination of Leavers
This year 76% of our leavers will be in some form of sustained education, with 64% at a higher education institution.
- Of the 50 leavers in Year 13, 32 made successful applications to University.
- 6 students will go on to complete further education courses.
- 8 students have taken up places on apprenticeships.
- 1 student has gone into full-time employment.
- 3 students have taken gap years to pursue a variety of interests and activities, with the intention of applying to University next year.