Welcome to the 2018-19 Sandia Vista PTO!
The SVE PTO is an organization designed to work as partners with the administrators, faculty and staff to ensure that Sandia Vista Elementary continues to be a great place for our children to grow and learn.
Don't forget to join the PTO and become a member of our Sandia Vista Elementary School PTO Facebook Page
Upcoming PTO events
- Membership Drive - Become a member for just $5.00 now through Septemeber 17th
- PTO General Meeting - September 17, 2018 at 4:15 in the Library
Letter from the President
Hello Sandia Vista Elementary Families!
Welcome back to school! I wanted to take an opportunity to let you know a little bit about the PTO this school year. My name is Heather Armstrong and I am your PTO president. Some of your students may know me as the former art teacher but for now I have changed hats and have taken on a leadership role with the PTO. We have many exciting events planned for this school year with lots of opportunities for you to engage with PTO and the school in big and little ways! We are asking that families become members for $5, but we are always willing to take bigger donations! The PTO collects money and creates events/fundraisers so that we can put special funding right back into the classroom.
Did you know?
· PTO provides each teacher $100.00 to spend on their classrooms each year.
· PTO provides over $3,000.00 in funding to pay for field trip expenses for students.
· PTO pays for the movie license to show movies and video clips on campus.
· PTO pays for the Cloud 9 award shirts and certificates.
· PTO pays for celebrations during teacher appreciation week.
· PTO pays for special projects in support of the school like funding towards the STEAM lab.
· PTO pays for award parties for classrooms like the box top winners pizza parties.
Here are some of the ways we are planning to be able to provide additional funds for special projects like ThundeRRR Pride charms and specialty items for the STEAM lab this year. We are going to need your help to raise our goal of $25,000.00…
October 5th – Balloons Aloft PJ Fun Run, join us for a family fun run after the balloons launch and before school starts! $10/runner or $25/family of runners
October 26th- Fall Carnival, we will host a fall carnival for families to come and enjoy games and treats!
Family Funk Fest Dance - (February date TBD) A fun time will be had by all as we Boogie down!
Goodwill Fundraisers – (Fall and Spring dates TBD) Save your donations and support the school.
Box Tops for Education – Throughout the year, look for special flyers and events and save your box tops!
Amazon Smiles – Sign up through Amazon and choose SVE, they will give a % back to the school.
Papa John’s Pizza Nights – Every 3rd Friday of the month, you order, they give back!
United Way – You can filter donations to come straight to Sandia Vista Elementary!
There are so many ways that you can give back and provide your school, classrooms and teachers with the extra funding that they need to have an extraordinary educational experience!
Please consider becoming a paying member and you will receive the following perks…
· Access to the Sandia Vista Elementary PTO Facebook page. (Page is available to PTO members only, access will be granted based on your membership status)
· Your student/s entered in a monthly drawing to receive SVE swag and prizes. (Drawings will be held monthly, there will be one winner from each grade level each month, must be a member of PTO to have your student/s be eligible.)
· Receive up to date information from PTO through our membership email list including opportunities to volunteer for events sponsored by the PTO. (You decide how involved you would like to be based on your availability and desire to get involved, no pressure from us!)
I would like to thank you in advance for supporting the school by supporting the PTO. Please feel free to contact me via the PTO email, SVEPTO1@gmail.com other information can be found on the schools’ website under the PTO section.
This is going to be a great school year because we have a great school!
Come and meet the rest of the PTO Board at our 1st General meeting on September 17th at 4:15 in the SVE Library. We will be voting on the budget for the year and I look forward to seeing you there!
Sandia Vista PTO President