2019 AYD ACADEMY INFORMATION
DAYS AND HOURS
Classes will be held at Rio Rancho High School at 300 Loma Colorado Blvd. NE, Rio Rancho, 87124 in the SciMatics Academy.
AYD Academy begins on Monday, June 3rd and ends on Thursday, June 27th. Class are from 8 am to 12:15 pm except for the last day (see above). ** Lunch IS NOT provided
TRANSPORTATION AND PARKING
No bus transportation will be provided. Students may be dropped off and picked up in the bus parking lot in front of the SciMatics Building. Students who ride bicycles must provide their own security devices. Skateboards, roller blades, and scooters are not allowed on campus.
Rio Rancho High School is a closed campus. Visitors or guests (other than parents or guardians) are not allowed to accompany students on campus. Students are not permitted to leave and re-enter the campus. All students must be off-campus no later than 12:30 p.m. each day.
Attendance will be taken during each session. Students are expected to be seated and ready for class at the beginning of each session (8:00 am). Tardiness will be recorded by the student’s arrival time in class. Any tardy which results in the student being tardy more than thirty minutes will result in the student being counted absent for that session. Tardies resulting in lost class time will count towards the one (1) absence allowed.
Absences must be called in prior to the start of the session. Please call: 896-5600 x 53530
- Students with one unexcused absence will be withdrawn and will not receive the ½ credit for the course.
- More than ONE excused absence must have a doctor’s note. Attendance is critical and the ½ credit cannot be earned by any student with more than ONE absence. Student MUST be present for 95% of the AYD Academy.
- Students who are withdrawn for absences or misbehavior will not be eligible for a refund.
RULES OF APPROPRIATE USE
These guidelines, along with RRPS Board policies, must be followed to prevent loss of network and Internet privileges in Rio Rancho Public Schools.
- Do not use a computer to harm other people or their work. (Board Policy, Article 477)
- Do not damage the computer or the network in any way. (Board Policy, Article 477)
- Do not download or install your own software, shareware, or freeware. (Board Policy, Articles 477 & 478)
- Do not violate copyright laws. (Board Policy, Articles 475 & 477)
- Do not view, send, or display offensive messages or pictures. Example: Offensive messages or pictures are those you would not share with your teachers or parents. (Board Policy, Article 477)
- Tell an adult in charge immediately if, by accident, you encounter materials which violate the rules of appropriate use. (Board Policy, Article 477)
- Do not share your password with another person. (Board Policy, Article 477)
- Do not open someone else’s folders, work, or files without permission. (Board Policy, Article 477)
- Do not waste limited resources such as disk space, printing capacity, or network connections (bandwidth).
- You will be held accountable for your actions. By violating the rules of appropriate use, you will lose network and Internet privileges and be subject to disciplinary action. (Board Policy, Article 477)
- I understand that I will use the RRHS computers in a responsible, ethical, and respectful manner.
- I understand that authorized representatives of the Rio Rancho Public School District may monitor my use of technology, which includes their ability to monitor Internet access, reading of my electronic mail, and viewing of files that I am using or working on.
- I agree not to waste limited resources such as disk space, printing capacity, or network connections (bandwidth), by such activities as listening to Internet music and playing Internet games.
- I understand that the use of the RRHS computer laboratory is a privilege than can be revoked.
The RRPS Dress Code and Standard of Decency includes but is not limited to the following:
- All colors including, prints, checks, stripes, and plaids
- Shirts with or without collars
B. Not allowed:
- Insignias can be no larger than 3 inches x 3 inches. No graphics, pictures, or writing on clothing shall be permitted except as part of an insignia.
- Revealing or see-through clothing
- Exposed underwear including boxers, sports bras, and bras
- Saggy pants revealing underwear or any portion of the body below the navel.
- Dresses, skirts, shorts, and skorts, including slits, shorter three (3) inches above the bend of the knee.
- Sleeveless tops: all tops (male and female) are to have a sleeve
- Pajamas (tops or bottoms), unless it is a sanctioned school function, i.e., pajama day
- Ripped or torn clothing
- Bandanas, ‘do-rags’, shower caps, and hairnets
- Spiked jewelry and jewelry that is obscene, disruptive to the educational process or that could endanger students
- Belt loop chains, wallet chains, and extended belts
- Trench coats
- Clothing and/or articles worn or carried by the student (includes face painting) displaying words or symbols or colors of gangs, drugs, alcohol, tobacco, violence, racism, inappropriate language or images, or symbols of a sexual/sexist nature
- Clothing and/or articles in violation of Policy 346, Gang Activity, which states that students shall not “wear . . . any clothing, jewelry, emblem, badge, symbol, sign or other items that evidences or reflects membership in or affiliation with any gang”
- Visible cleavage, navels, and/or midriffs. No skin should be shown between the bottom of the shirt/blouse and the top of the pants/skirt when arms are stretched upward
- Tube tops, spaghetti strap tops, halter tops, translucent blouses, midriff shirts/blouses
- Footwear that is safe and appropriate for weather/other conditions must be worn at all times on campus and in buildings
- If a coat or jacket is worn inside a building, it must remain open
- Hair shall be groomed so that it is clean and safe for participation in any school activity
- Hats and sunglasses may not be worn inside buildings, but are allowed outside
- Spandex is only allowed under approved shirts, shorts, skirts, and dresses
- Approved school spirit wear for all RRPS schools, Scout uniforms, and JROTC uniforms are permitted
- Approved special event day dress is permitted
- Mid-School and high school students’ school-issued ID badges must be available or presented at request at all times and may not be defaced in any way
Please refer to the RRPS District Website for a complete policy listing
BEHAVIOR AND DISCIPLINE
- Students will be removed from the campus and/or withdrawn for inappropriate behavior or poor attendance.
- Students will not be permitted to eat in the classrooms.
- Water will be permitted in plastic water bottles only (no cups or glasses). However, students are encouraged to bring a healthy snack. There will be breaks for snacks.
- The use of iPods/MP3 players, cell phones, Airpods, or other electronic devices during school time is strictly prohibited. After the first offense, the device will be confiscated and kept until the end of the school day. Any subsequent offenses will result in the device being confiscated until the end of the summer session.
- Possession or use of tobacco, e-cigarettes, alcohol, drugs or weapons will not be tolerated on school property.
- Disciplinary consequences will be determined and administered by the Summer Session Principal.
Please refer to the RRPS District Website for a complete policy listing