College & Career Prep
- Weekly on Wednesday at A & B lunch in atrium or courtyard.
- Weekly on Tuesday at A & B lunch in atrium or courtyard.
Deadline 02/04/19 UNM Perry Outreach Program
- UNM Perry Outreach Program is a free, one-day, hands-on experience for high school women who are interested in pursuing careers in medicine and engineering. Students will hear from women leaders in these fields and try it for themselves by performing mock orthopedic surgeries and bio-mechanics experiments. We are now seeking applicants for our Albuquerque, NM program. Participants should be women in grades 10 and up with an expressed interest in science, medicine and/or engineering. Deadline 2/4/19: http://perryinitiative.org/programs/student-online-application/
02/07/19 Mesalands Community College Preview Day
- Lunch will be provided. To RSVP email Matt Garcia firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website to view: https://www.mesalands.edu/
Deadline 02/11/19 for the 2019 Southwest Regional JSHS symposium hosted by The University of New Mexico (UNM).
The event will take place March 8-9, 2019 in Albuquerque, NM.
This is a great opportunity for ambitious high school students interested in STEM fields to get fantastic experience and potentially, scholarships. The JSHS is supported by the U.S. Armed Services and is designed to challenge, engage, and publicly recognize students (Grades 9-12) conducting research in the sciences, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM). Individual students compete for scholarships and recognition by presenting the results of their original research efforts before a panel of judges and an audience of their peers. Opportunities for career exploration, research lab visits, peer discussions, and networking are planned. http://www.cvent.com/events/southwest-2019-regional-jshs/event-summary-d1b014dd1ac747919f6fe5ab8fff3a3e.aspx
02/12/19 UNM, NMSU, NM Tech Visit:
Attention seniors: UNM, NMSU, and NM Tech will be here on Tuesday, February 12th in the library during A and B lunch. Please come by to apply to college if you haven't already! They will be waiving the application fee if you apply at this special workshop! If you have applied, and you have questions on the status of your application, please stop by during this time to see your recruiter, they will be happy to help you during this time.
02/15/19 Eastern New Mexico University Visit:
- Free application workshop
- During A & B lunch in library
02/18/19 NMSU Aggie Experience program:
- Monday, February 18, 2019 (Presidents' Day)
- Register here!
02/18/19 New Mexico Tech Open house!
- Monday, February 18, 2019 (Presidents' Day)
- Research @ Tech Day is for prospective students and their families to visit the campus and hear more about financial aid and scholarships, take a tour of the residence halls, eat in our dining room, meet some “Techies” and faculty, and find out more about the unique opportunities for undergraduates at Tech. This year we will also be providing an Explosives demo for students only at EMRTC (Explosives Materials Research Testing Center).
02/22/19 Winter Visit Day at Boston University!
Special Winter Visit Day for your sophomores and juniors and their families to learn more about Boston University.
For more information about Winter Visit Day, please visit our website.
02/23/19 Saturday 8-12pm Meet UNM!
Special event just for high school students! Explore academic programs, learn about student services, presentations by admissions, financial aid, engineering, health sciences and more! Tour campus and residence halls. RSVP @ admissions.unm.edu/meetunm or call 505-277-8503
02/28/2019 Deadline to apply for NMPED Student Leader Network:
The Student Leadership Network (SLN) is one of the PED's efforts to better inform policy decisions by engaging student voices in the policy-making process. The SLN has been established to ensure equity throughout educational policy-making decisions by elevating the voice of informed and engaged students throughout our state. Applications are due by 5 p.m. on Thursday, February 28th, 2019.
03/06/2019 Northern Arizona University Visit:
- During A & B lunch in media center
03/07/2019 Colorado State University- Pueblo:
- Application workshop
- During A & B lunch in media center (computer lab)
- Application fee will be waived for applicants on 03/07/19!
Deadline 03/08/2019 UNM Health Symposium:
Sat, March 30th, 2019, 8 AM – 5 PM: HPS is an event designed to provide high school and undergraduate students who are interested in the health professions an opportunity to explore their passions, and to discover various pathways into the field of their choice. Sign up today at http://hps.unm.edu/attendee-registration.html
Deadline 03/31/2019 Marine Summer Leadership and Character Development Academy:
This year, the Marine Corps will be selecting high school sophomores and juniors to attend a Summer Leadership and Character Development Academy at Marine Corps Base Quantico, Virginia from July 15-20. The program provides an all-expenses paid, weeklong experience where students will work with Marines to strengthen their confidence and leadership skills. Click here to apply: https://slcda.marines.com/
COLLEGE ADMISSIONS CONTACTS
Two ways to order a transcript:
1. To order your official transcripts, please visit the Parchment website (below).
2. Drop off a stamped envelope at the Registrar's office in the administration building, room 109. When using an envelope, please write the address of the location you would like your transcript delivered to (example on left) and include your student ID number on a note inside the envelope. The registrar will complete the return address portion of envelope.
Naviance is a comprehensive website that assists in managing the college and career exploration process. Students are able to complete personality and career inventories, build resumes and utilize PrepMe which is an ACT preparation tool.
During the spring semester students in grades 8-11 will be completing their Next Step Plan through Naviance. This process identifies courses they plan on taking throughout their High School career.
TO LOG ON TO NAVIANCE:
- Click here to go to RRHS Naviance Site: https://student.naviance.com/rioranchohs
- Username= student’s identification number
- Password= birthday (ie. 01082001)