College & Career Readiness
Rising Senior Parent Night! Class of 2020
"Rising Senior Parent Night!" was an event held for our upcoming seniors last school year. If you missed it, please see this link for important financial aid information. FAFSA presentation for class of 2020!
College Admissions Exam Info:
- See ACT/SAT/PSAT link for more info
- 9/6 Deadline for October 5, 2019 SAT Test (late registration deadline 9/17)
- 9/20 Deadline for October 26, 2019 ACT Test (late registration deadline 10/4)
- Every Thursday during A & B lunch in atrium or courtyard.
- Every Tuesday during A & B lunch in atrium or courtyard.
- 9/15 @ Albuquerque Convention Center 401 2nd St NW 12:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- Cost: FREE
- Registration: Pre-registration is strongly encouraged. Go to www.strivefair.com to register for a bar code. Show your bar code to colleges who will scan it to send you more information about their schools. It’s free and will save you time.
The day after the fair, you will receive a report with information about each college with whom you scanned.
Five college visits, one local stop
- 9/16 at 7:00 PM @ Double Tree by Hilton Hotel Albuquerque
- Please join Brown, Chicago, Columbia, Cornell and Rice for an information session for prospective students and their families. Sessions include a brief overview of each institution, information on admissions and financial aid, and a chance to speak informally with admissions representatives. You must register to attend. Register here!
PSAT/NMSQT Sign up deadline
- 9/17 Deadline for 11th graders to sign up to test. Sign up in ET office.
- 10/16 PSAT/NMSQT test
Harvard, Duke, Penn, Georgetown and Stanford College Visit
- 9/17 7:00 pm @ Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel. 2910 Yale Blvd SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106
- Register here
Willamette University Visit
9/18 In HUM 117 @11:30 Email Ms. Chavez for more information.
The New Mexico Education Council (NMEC) College Days Fair
- 9/19 During 2nd period for 11th and 12th Grade Only
- In auxiliary gym, check in with your 2nd period teacher for attendance.
- Pre-registration is strongly encouraged go to: www.gotocollegefairs.com to register for a bar code. Show your bar code to colleges who will scan it to send you more information about their schools. It’s free and will save you time.
FAFSA Parent/Student Evening Workshops presented by the NM Educational Assistance Foundation
- 9/25- FAFSA ID Workshop in media center/ library 6:00pm-7:30pm
- 10/16- FAFSA Post-ID Workshop media center/ library 6:00pm-7:30pm
Saturday 9/28 UNM Senior Day 8:00-2:00pm
UNM invites all high school seniors to explore UNM. Tour campus and residence halls, visit with academic programs and student organizations and learn about becoming a Lobo! Register here!
Saturday 9/28 Aggie Experience day at NMSU 900-4:30pm
- Exploring a day in the life of an NMSU student. While you are on campus we think it would be great to have you attend one of our NMSU Football games. During our fall events (September 28 and November 16) you, and up to four guests can attend, free of charge. Register here!
ASVAB being offered at RRHS on 10/16
- 11th and 12th graders
- Sign up in ET 102 or in ET 110 by 10/07
- 10/16 National test date. All 10th grade will test.
New Mexico Highlands University Visit
- 10/17 in the library During A and B lunch for any interested student
Saturday 11/02 Eastern New Mexico University Preview Day
- Get a view of the complete ENMU experience when you attend Green and Silver Senior Preview Day with a group of future Greyhounds just like you! Register here!
11/07 @5:00pm BA/MD Application Deadline
- UNM is looking for high school seniors interested in an educational path that will lead to a doctor of medicine (MD) degree from the UNM School of Medicine. Click here for more information and application details!
COLLEGE ADMISSIONS CONTACTS
Two ways to order a transcript:
1. To order your official transcripts, please visit the Parchment website (below).
2. Drop off a stamped envelope at the Registrar's office in the administration building, room 109. When using an envelope, please write the address of the location you would like your transcript delivered to (example on left) and include your student ID number on a note inside the envelope. The registrar will complete the return address portion of envelope.
Naviance is a comprehensive website that assists in managing the college and career exploration process. Students are able to complete personality and career inventories, build resumes and utilize PrepMe which is an ACT preparation tool.
During the spring semester students in grades 8-11 will be completing their Next Step Plan through Naviance. This process identifies courses they plan on taking throughout their High School career.
TO LOG ON TO NAVIANCE:
- Click here to go to RRHS Naviance Site: https://student.naviance.com/rioranchohs
- Username= student’s identification number
- Password= birthday (ie. 01082001)