College & Career Readiness
Rising Senior Parent Night! Class of 2020
"Rising Senior Parent Night!" was an event held for our upcoming seniors last school year. If you missed it, please see this link for important financial aid information. FAFSA presentation for class of 2020!
College Admissions Exam Info:
3/14 SAT Test is Cancelled (Contact Collegeboard to reschedule https://www.collegeboard.org/ )
4/6 ACT Test is Cancelled (Contact ACT to reschedule https://www.act.org/ )
- See ACT/SAT/PSAT link for more info
- 04/03 Deadline for 05/02/2020 SAT Test (late registration deadline 04/21 )
- 05/08 Deadline for 06/13/2020 ACT Test (late registration deadline 05/22)
- Every Thursday during A & B lunch in atrium or courtyard.
- Every Tuesday during A & B lunch in atrium or courtyard.
Army National Guard
- Every other Friday during A & B lunch in atrium or courtyard.
- Beginning Friday 11/01
Job Opportunities for 16+ at Home Depot Rio Rancho
- Click here to apply: https://careers.homedepot.com/
Applications open 01/2020 for Summer Opportunities at UNM- Click here for details.
The Undergraduate Health Sciences Enrichment Program (UHSEP) is open to current high school seniors in New Mexico who will be attending UNM in the Fall of 2020.
The Health Careers Academy (HCA) is open to current high school sophomores and juniors in Albuquerque and the surrounding areas. This is a six-week commuter (non-residential) program geared towards students interested in pursuing a health profession.
CANCELED! 03/14, 03/21 FREE SAT Saturday Prep Courses
- Click here to see flyer
- Priority given to current 11th grade students
- Click here to register: bit.ly/rrpssatprep
Deadline extended till April! Applications due for: Nursing, Fire Science, Medical Assistant or Welding.
- Sophomores and juniors! Apply to be part of the program in the field of: Nursing, Fire Science, Medical Assistant or Welding. Tuition and books are provided to you at no cost, which is a savings of hundreds of dollars to jump-start your career & money earning potential after you graduate high school. Applications are available now on the college prep page or from your school counselor.
Deadline extended till April! Applications due for: Ford Automotive Program
- For rising 11th and 12th graders. Click here for an application.
03/24/2020 New Mexico Highlands University Visit
- A lunch in the library, all grade levels welcome
- If you do not have A lunch, ask your counselor for a pass
03/28/2020, 04/25/2020 NMMI Open House
- New Mexico Military Institute
- Tour campus, learn about school, breakfast and lunch provided
- Register online www.NMMI.edu
04/15/2020 Application due for: FBI Teen Academy Application
- See Summer Opportunities link for flyer
- Email Samantha Madrid at email@example.com for an application.
04/18/2020 UNM Health Professions Symposium
- HPS is an all-day event located at the University of New Mexico, and consists of a multitude of workshops and information tables covering medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, nursing, and many other professions. Students will be able to participate in a wide variety of workshops throughout the day and also visit information tables from a number of organizations.
- HPS is entirely free of charge to all participants, and includes lunch. We want the event to be accessible to as many students as possible. However, because the event is free, we need students to register now before spots fill up.
05/01/2020 Deadline for Summer STEM Experience at NM Tech!
- This program is for current sophomores and juniors. We are very excited because this year we have so many academic departments participating that we have added a second week to the program! Students will either attend the week of June 14th – 19th or July 12th – 17th, depending on which academic course they are interested in participating in.
- Brochure - https://www.nmt.edu/stem/sse/Summer%20STEM%202020.pdf
- Application - https://www.nmt.edu/stem/sse/2020%20SSE%20Application.pdf
COLLEGE ADMISSIONS CONTACTS
Two ways to order a transcript:
1. To order your official transcripts, please visit the Parchment website (below).
2. Drop off a stamped envelope at the Registrar's office in the administration building, room 109. When using an envelope, please write the address of the location you would like your transcript delivered to (example on left) and include your student ID number on a note inside the envelope. The registrar will complete the return address portion of envelope.
Naviance is a comprehensive website that assists in managing the college and career exploration process. Students are able to complete personality and career inventories, build resumes and utilize PrepMe which is an ACT preparation tool.
During the spring semester students in grades 8-11 will be completing their Next Step Plan through Naviance. This process identifies courses they plan on taking throughout their High School career.
TO LOG ON TO NAVIANCE:
- Click here to go to RRHS Naviance Site: https://student.naviance.com/rioranchohs
- Our institution uses a Single Sign On (SSO) system. Make sure you are logged into google classroom before clicking LOGIN button to sign into Naviance.