MVMS Health Office
You are encouraged to share any concerns or problems relevant to your child's health.
If you have any questions or would like to meet with me, please do not hesitate to call me at 505-867-0711 Ext. 365
School Fax number is 505-867-7901.
The health office is a facility where sick or injured students are triaged, assessed, treated and/or referred for further treatment. It is staffed with a State Department of Education licensed school nurse or trained health assistant.
All efforts will be made to return a student to class if deemed appropriate by the health office staff. A student may be considered a candidate for exclusion from school or from the school bus at the discretion of the health room staff. Reasons for exclusion from school or bus may include, but are not limited to: vomiting, diarrhea, fever of 100 degrees or greater, significant injury, or symptoms not responding to treatment.
***Children may not return to school until they are free of fever for 24 hours without the aid of symptom reducing medications such as Tylenol or Ibuprofen. Children who have incidents of vomiting or diarrhea may return the following day when the symptoms are no longer present. Students may not come to school if they have been experiencing vomiting or diarrhea the evening before, or the morning of school attendance.***
Students who are placed on antibiotics by their physician must remain at home for the first 24 hours of therapy.
All students registering for the seventh grade (7th grade) MUST have a Tdap and Meningococcal immunizations on file. If you aren't sure whether or not the school has record of your child's vaccines, please call the Health Office at 867-0711, ext. 365. You may fax your students Immunization record to 505-867-7901. Immunizations are given free of charge at the Sandoval County Health Office 1500 Idalia Rd. NE, Bernalillo, NM 87004.
- Call before going to make sure the nurse is available to give shots. The phone number is (505) 867-2291.
- **Students will not be given their class schedule for the school year if their shot record is not compliant.**
- Immunization Toll Free Hotline 1-800-232-4636.
- To obtain immunization records for yourself or your children, simply contact a Public Health Office near you or You can now print your child's shot record at VaxViewNM.org
- Click HERE to view NM immunization requirements for 2019-2020 school year.