Make sure to check this page frequently for new scholarship opportunities
How to maximize your search:
- Make time --Determination pays off with your scholarship applications. Make them a part of your weekly routine and apply for as many as you can.
- Master the essay -- Application committees look for what sets you apart. Focus on what inspires you and craft your essays around it.
- Get an editor-- Get someone to help you with your scholarship search and to review your applications for grammar and flow.
- Consider who you know-- Some workplaces and civic groups offer scholarships, so ask you family if they have any connections.
- Remember that small amounts add up-- For every $20,000 award, there are thousands of smaller awards that receive far fewerf applicatns. Seek out all possible options regardless of amount.
- Talk with the financial aid office-- If you know where you're going to college, check with the school's financial aid office to see if they can help you with your search.
FastWeb Scholarship Search – www.fastweb.com
Student Scholarships – www.studentscholarships.org
Scholly App (small fee) – home.myscholly.com
The Texas Guaranteed Student Loan Corporation (TG) – www.aie.org/scholarships
BigFuture (College Board) – bigfuture.collegeboard.org/scholarship-search
Naviance (links to SallieMae) – log in to Naviance and go to National Scholarship Search
Every Chance Every Texan (Texas-focused index) – www.everychanceeverytexan.org/
Cappex – www.cappex.com/scholarships/
- Graduates of 2019 sign up for the Application reminder for Wendy's High School Heisman Scholarship
- Tuition Funding Sources Offers millions of scholarships worth billions of dollars. Create a profile and start researching and applying .
- Trade School Programs with Scholarships- a list of all the participating career colleges that offer our High School Scholarship Program, which is worth up to $1,000 toward tuition at these schools.
- Sallie Mae Every scholarship is current, and new scholarships are added every month
- The Best Scholarship Search Platforms of 2017 this guide reviews the best scholarship search platforms and instruct students on how to use them effectively to find as many opportunities as possible.
- Scholarship Search Find information on Texas Scholarships, scholarships available for students studying particular majors, scholarships available for students of particular ethnic backgrounds (African American, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Asian or Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino), Merit-based scholarships
- Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board http:/
- The Tulsa Welding School believes in providing opportunities to quality people within the welding, pipe fitting, and electro-mechanical technologies fields. Therefore, TWS offers these scholarships to qualified individuals. Learn more about scholarships that can benefit your educational goals.
- Kid's Chance of Texas Kids’ Chance of Texas is an educational scholarship program that began in 2015 for the children of workers who have been catastrophically or fatally injured in work-related accidents. Submit an application one month before the tuition deadline of the school year for which they are applying.
- Opportunity Plan General Scholarship -- Applications considered priority should be received or postmarked by April 1st of each year-- Opportunity Plan, Inc. provides educational loans, scholarships and financial counseling to students as they work to achieve their educational dreams at a community college, technical school, four-year institution and beyond.
- Amarillo College Foundation Scholarships
- American Hotel and Lodging Educational Foundation
- Rolling Hills Homeowner's Association offers a scholarship to RRISD graduates who live in Rolling Hills Neighborhood. See your counselor for application.
- High School Scholarships for Trade School in Texas
- Deadline: April 10, 2018 St. Paul United Methodist Church Scholarship
- Deadline: April 20, 2018 Don't Mess With Texas Scholarship
- Deadline: April 30, 2018 WISE The WISE Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Scholarship provides funding for high-achieving, eligible students pursuing a degree in the STEM field disciplines of Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Physics, Engineering, Mechatronics, Computer Science or Allied Health.
Students will be eligible for merit-based awards based on eligibility and participation criteria.
- Graduate from high school with at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Pursue a program of study in an approved STEM field (listed above).
- Be a full-time student during the academic year.
- Be a previous participant at a WISE Amarillo Conference
- Deadline: May 1, 2018 Southwest Cowboy Poetry Assoc. & Nara Visa Poetry Gathering - Application
- Deadline: May 1, 2018 Fresh N' Lean
- Deadline: May 1, 2018 Al's Formal Wear
- Deadline: May 11, 2018 FiWT Scholarship-The Federation of Insurance Women of Texas offer a $2,000 scholarship-$1,000 in the fall 2018 and $1,000 in the spring 2019. This is a regional scholarship. Mail to: FIWT c/o Susan Dearborn, 7016 Orizaba Ave, El Paso, TX 79912. Applications are also available in the counselor's office.
- Deadline: May 11, 2018 TILF Foundation (UIL)
- Deadline: May 22, 2018 B. Davis Scholarship
- Deadline: May 25, 2018 2018 "Every Drop Counts" Earth Science Scholarship $10,000 scholarship intended for students pursuing degrees at a four-year college or university in the field of earth/environmental science. Examples include but are not limited to: Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science, Environmental Law, Environmental Education, Oceanography, and Ecology.
- Deadline: May 31, 2018 Accuplan Scholarship The scholarship is intended to help students to be successful in school and raise awareness to the rising generation about the importance of retirement.
- Deadline: June 01, 2018 American Ground Water Trust
- Deadline June 14, 2018 Abbott and Fenner General Scholarship
- Deadline July 10, 2018 Bob Gleason Memorial Scholarship The Panhandle Chapter of the Associated General Contractors is accepting applications. Scholarship is $750 per semester for each year of college for qualifying students who are construction field or business majors.
- Deadline: July 21,2018 The Priddy Scholars The Priddy Foundation Scholars Program provides scholarships for first generation students, in addition to supporting students throughout their four years of education at Midwestern State University.
- This scholarship competition is open to all high school seniors who plan to pursue college education in nursing, including LPN / LVN, ADN, and BSN programs. Scholarship applications will be accepted until midnight on August 31, 2018
- Deadline: August 31, 2018 The 2018 Aspiring Nurse Scholarship: Nursing Schools Almanac is proud to announce our fourth annual Aspiring Nurse Scholarship. We will award a $1,000 scholarship to a future nurse in the high school graduating class of 2018. Interested students may visit https://www.nursingschoolsalmanac.com and click the banner on the right-hand side of the website's homepage. Here they'll find detailed scholarship information and the official application form.
- Deadline: December 30, 2018 Proud Texan Scholarship