Make sure to check this page frequently for new scholarship opportunities
Watch out for scams --You should not have to pay for any scholarships.
Seven basic warning signs (College Board) (Federal Trade Commission)
- This scholarship is guaranteed or your money back.”
- You can’t get this information anywhere else.”
- May I have your credit card/bank account number to hold this scholarship.”
- We’ll do all the work for you.”
- The scholarship will cost some money.”
- You’ve been selected by a national foundation to receive a scholarship.”
- You’re a finalist” in a competition you never entered.
Why do scholarship applications get thrown out?
- Incomplete applications – even a single blank will usually results in a disqualification.
- Poor handwriting / grammar – sloppy work does not indicate a quality candidate
- Late – deadlines are deadlines
Be sure and fill out applications completely, correctly, neatly, and include all documentation by the deadline.
How to maximize your search:
- Make time --Determination pays off with your scholarship applications. Make them a part of your weekly routine and apply for as many as you can.
- Master the essay -- Application committees look for what sets you apart. Focus on what inspires you and craft your essays around it.
- Get an editor-- Get someone to help you with your scholarship search and to review your applications for grammar and flow.
- Consider who you know-- Some workplaces and civic groups offer scholarships, so ask you family if they have any connections.
- Remember that small amounts add up-- For every $20,000 award, there are thousands of smaller awards that receive far fewerf applicatns. Seek out all possible options regardless of amount.
- Talk with the financial aid office-- If you know where you're going to college, check with the school's financial aid office to see if they can help you with your search.
Scholarship Search Sites
FastWeb Scholarship Search – www.fastweb.com
Student Scholarships – www.studentscholarships.org
Scholly App (small fee) – My Scholly
The Texas Guaranteed Student Loan Corporation (TG) – www.aie.org/scholarships
BigFuture (College Board) – bigfuture.collegeboard.org/scholarship-search
Naviance (links to SallieMae) – log in to Naviance and go to National Scholarship Search
Every Chance Every Texan (Texas-focused index) – www.everychanceeverytexan.org/
Cappex – www.cappex.com/scholarships/
- Tuition Funding Sources Offers millions of scholarships worth billions of dollars. Create a profile and start researching and applying .
- Trade School Programs with Scholarships- a list of all the participating career colleges that offer our High School Scholarship Program, which is worth up to $1,000 toward tuition at these schools.
- Sallie Mae Every scholarship is current, and new scholarships are added every month
- The Best Scholarship Search Platforms of 2018 this guide reviews the best scholarship search platforms and instruct students on how to use them effectively to find as many opportunities as possible.
- Scholarship Search Find information on Texas Scholarships, scholarships available for students studying particular majors, scholarships available for students of particular ethnic backgrounds (African American, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Asian or Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino), Merit-based scholarships
- High School Scholarships for Trade School in Texas
- College Board Scholarship Opportunity Start by building a list of your six college picks and you are entered to win a$500 scholarship. College Board is giving away between $500 and $40,000 worth of scholarships starting with the class of 2020. Click the link to get started!
College & University Financial Aid/Scholarship Webpages
West Texas A&M University - Early Action December 1; Priority February 1
Sybil Harrington Foundation 2/1/18 – www.actx.edu/foundation
Amarillo Area Foundation 2/08/18 – Amarillo Area Foundation Scholarships
Opportunity Plan General Scholarship -- Applications considered priority should be received or postmarked by April 1st of each year
- The Tulsa Welding School
- Imagine America High School Scholarship
- Kid's Chance of Texas Submit application one month before the tuition deadline of the school year for which they are applying.
- Rolling Hills Community offers a scholarship to all RRISD graduates. See your counselor for application.
- Graduates of 2019 sign up for the Application reminder for Wendy's High School Heisman Scholarship
- Get Schooled $1,000 No Essay Scholarship
- Deadline: April 5, 2019 Caprock Peace Officers' Association Scholarship
- Deadline: April 7, 2019 WISE- Women In Science Endeavors - Amarillo
- Deadline: April 10, 2019 St. Paul United Methodist Church Student must demonstrate a financial need and be an active member of any church
- Deadline: April 26, 2019 Jim Hutson Music Scholarship - River Road High School student - Bring your application to Mrs. Muncy in the counseling center.
- Deadline: April 26, 2019 Ozarka Natural Spring Water $10,000 "Every Drop Counts" Earth Science Scholarship
- Deadline: May 6, 2019: River Road High School Booster Club Scholarship. See counselors for application
- Deadline: Postmarked by May 10, 2019: Rolling Hills Community Association $400 scholarship. See counselors for application.
- Deadline: May 6th, 2019 River Road Booster Club Scholarship
- Deadline: May 10, 2019 TILF Foundation (UIL)
- Deadline: May 24, 2019 B. Davis Scholarship
- Deadline: June 01, 2019 American Ground Water Trust
- Deadline June 14, 2019 Abbott and Fenner General Scholarship
- Deadline: June 15, 2019 Horation Alger Career & Technical Scholarship If you plan on pursuing a career or technical program for two years, you should apply!
- Deadline July 10, 2019 Bob Gleason Memorial Scholarship The Panhandle Chapter of the Associated General Contractors is accepting applications. Scholarship is $750 per semester for each year of college for qualifying students who are construction field or business majors.