Make sure to check this page frequently for new scholarship opportunities
Watch out for scams --You should not have to pay for any scholarships.
Seven basic warning signs (College Board) (Federal Trade Commission)
- This scholarship is guaranteed or your money back.”
- You can’t get this information anywhere else.”
- May I have your credit card/bank account number to hold this scholarship.”
- We’ll do all the work for you.”
- The scholarship will cost some money.”
- You’ve been selected by a national foundation to receive a scholarship.”
- You’re a finalist” in a competition you never entered.
Why do scholarship applications get thrown out?
- Incomplete applications – even a single blank will usually results in a disqualification.
- Poor handwriting / grammar – sloppy work does not indicate a quality candidate
- Late – deadlines are deadlines
Be sure and fill out applications completely, correctly, neatly, and include all documentation by the deadline.
How to maximize your search:
- Make time --Determination pays off with your scholarship applications. Make them a part of your weekly routine and apply for as many as you can.
- Master the essay -- Application committees look for what sets you apart. Focus on what inspires you and craft your essays around it.
- Get an editor-- Get someone to help you with your scholarship search and to review your applications for grammar and flow.
- Consider who you know-- Some workplaces and civic groups offer scholarships, so ask you family if they have any connections.
- Remember that small amounts add up-- For every $20,000 award, there are thousands of smaller awards that receive far fewerf applicatns. Seek out all possible options regardless of amount.
- Talk with the financial aid office-- If you know where you're going to college, check with the school's financial aid office to see if they can help you with your search.
Scholarship Search Sites
FastWeb Scholarship Search – www.fastweb.com
Student Scholarships – www.studentscholarships.org
Scholly App (small fee) – My Scholly
The Texas Guaranteed Student Loan Corporation (TG) – www.aie.org/scholarships
BigFuture (College Board) – bigfuture.collegeboard.org/scholarship-search
Naviance (links to SallieMae) – log in to Naviance and go to National Scholarship Search
Every Chance Every Texan (Texas-focused index) – www.everychanceeverytexan.org/
Cappex – www.cappex.com/scholarships/
- Tuition Funding Sources Offers millions of scholarships worth billions of dollars. Create a profile and start researching and applying .
- Trade School Programs with Scholarships- a list of all the participating career colleges that offer our High School Scholarship Program, which is worth up to $1,000 toward tuition at these schools.
- Sallie Mae Every scholarship is current, and new scholarships are added every month
- The Best Scholarship Search Platforms of 2018 this guide reviews the best scholarship search platforms and instruct students on how to use them effectively to find as many opportunities as possible.
- Scholarship Search Find information on Texas Scholarships, scholarships available for students studying particular majors, scholarships available for students of particular ethnic backgrounds (African American, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Asian or Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino), Merit-based scholarships
- High School Scholarships for Trade School in Texas
- College Board Scholarship Opportunity Start by building a list of your six college picks and you are entered to win a$500 scholarship. College Board is giving away between $500 and $40,000 worth of scholarships starting with the class of 2020. Click the link to get started!
College & University Financial Aid/Scholarship Webpages
West Texas A&M University - Early Action December 1; Priority February 1
Sybil Harrington Foundation 2/1/18 – www.actx.edu/foundation
Amarillo Area Foundation 2/09/18 – Amarillo Area Foundation Scholarships
Opportunity Plan General Scholarship -- Applications considered priority should be received or postmarked by April 1st of each year
- The Tulsa Welding School
- Imagine America High School Scholarship
- Kid's Chance of Texas Submit application one month before the tuition deadline of the school year for which they are applying.
- Rolling Hills Homeowner's Association offers a scholarship to RRISD graduates who live in Rolling Hills Neighborhood. See your counselor for application.
- Graduates of 2019 sign up for the Application reminder for Wendy's High School Heisman Scholarship
- Deadline November 6, 2018 Students who make a difference in their community through volunteering Prudential Spirit of Community Award
- Deadline November 14, 2018 - Intel Science Talent Search, for seniors. This is a contest involving independent science research projects. It honors exceptional high school seniors for their scientific research and their potential as future leaders in the scientific community. student.societyforscience.org/apply-intel-science-talent-search?pid=262
- Deadline: November 15, 2018: Elks Most Valuable Student Competition High school seniors who are a citizen of the United States are eligible to apply. Applicants do not need to be related to a member of the Elks.
- Deadline: November 15, 2018: James Cox Student Photography Scholarship Students must have completed one year at an accredited high school and should have taken at least one photography or related art class.
- Deadline: November 30, 2018 Dr. Juan Andrade Jr. Scholarships This scholarship is open to students who will attend college full-time, demonstrate a verifiable need for financial support, and have at least one parent of Hispanic ancestry.
- Deadline: November 30, 2018: National Space Club Scholarship $10,000 scholarship is available to one high school seniors who is pursuing a career in the STEM fields.
- Deadline: November 30, 2018: Sixt Scholarship Program
- Deadline: November 30th AED Superstore Fall Scholarship, for seniors and undergraduates Submit a video or essay about sudden cardiac arrest. www.aedsuperstore.com/scholarship.html
- Deadline November 15, 2018 (500 Awards - $50,000) Elks Most Valuable Student Scholarship
- Deadline: November 30 Jack Kent Cooke Foundation College Scholarship, for seniors (transfer scholarship also available) Rewards excellence by supporting high-achieving high school seniors with financial need who seek to attend the nation's best four-year colleges and universities. GPA 3.5 or above, SAT combined critical reading and math score of 1200+ and/or ACT composite score of 26+. 40 awards. www.jkcf.org/scholarship-programs/college-scholarship/
- Deadline: December 1, 2018: Barbara Lotze Scholarship for Future Teachers Students who are planning on attending a two year college or four year university and planning on pursuing a
- Deadline: December 1, 2018 FRA Americanism Essay Contest grades 7-12 FRA sponsors an annual essay contest to promote the spirit of Americanism and patriotism among our country’s youth. FRA's Americanism Essay Contest is open to all students grades 7-12 and requires a 350 word essay. ww.fra.org/fra/Web/Events_and_Programs/7_12th_Grade_Essay_Contest/Web/Content/Essay_Contest.aspx?hkey=707c4b42-2eb8-4992-9d57-31b8bd14c68a
- Deadline: December 2018 Take Care of Texas Video Contest Scholarship - open to 9-12 grades
- Deadline: December 1, 2018: Look Twice Save a Life To be eligible students must have a valid driver's license.
- Deadline: December 1, 2018 Charles Butt Scholarship for Aspiring Teachers
- Deadline: December 1, 2018 Walmart Associate Scholarship, Nov session for seniors and undergraduates Qualified Walmart associates and their high school senior dependents. Must be employed at Walmart for 6 months. Based on financial need and community involvement. giving.walmart.com/associate-scholarships
- Deadline: December 5, 2018: Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarship Must have demonstrated on-going to commitment to their community by performing unpaid volunteer services.
- Deadline: December 7, 2018 NHS Scholarship
- Deadline: December 12, 2018 Lexus Eco Challenge STEM Contest, Grades 6-12 A teacher must sponsor a team of 5-10 students to tackle environmental issues related to land, water, air, and climate, and create practical solutions. lexus.scholastic.com
- Deadline: December 14, 2018 Take Care of Texas Video Contest - open to 6-12 grades
- Deadline: December 14, 2018 AXA Achievement Scholarship
- Deadline December 15th, 2018 AXA Achievement Scholarship and Community Award, for seniors Students who demonstrate ambition and drive, determination to set and reach goals, respect for self, family and community, ability to succeed in college. Special consideration is given to achievements that empower society to mitigate risk through education and/or action in areas such as financial, environmental, health, safety and/or emergency preparedness. us.axa.com/axa-foundation/about.html
- Deadline: December 15, 2018 Burger King Scholars Program
- Deadline: December 15, 2018 North American Van Lines Logistics Scholarship
- Deadline: December 29, 2018 Dolman Law Group Scholarship Bi-annual scholarship! Submit your video now!
- Deadline: December 30, 2018 Proud Texan Scholarship
- Deadline: December 31, 2018 SBO Essay Contest BAND! You could win scholarships and/or band equipment for your school.
- Deadline: December 21, 2018 NROTC Scholarship
- Deadline: January Association for Compensatory Educators of Texas
- Deadline: January 31, 2019 10 Words or Less Scholarship Not a person of many words? This is perfect for you!
- Deadline: January 31, 2019 Texas Student Housing: This scholarship is open to students accepted to colleges in Austin, College Station, or Denton. See counselors for the application
- Deadline: February 1, 2019 College Assistance Migrant Program Eligibility based on one of the following: Migrant Education Program, Temporary/Seasonal Farm-work, or National Farmworker Jobs Program.
- Deadline: February 1, 2019 WTAMU Scholarship Opportunities If you are attending WTAMU in the fall, apply no later than Feb. 1. Early action date is December 1 (incoming Freshmen with high test scores and rankings will be considered for the most prestigious awards with notification by February 1).
- Deadline: February 1, 2019 Sybil B Harrington Scholarships - To receive the Sybil B. Harrington scholarship for fall 2018, you must be a 2018 high school graduate in any of the 26 counties of the Texas panhandle. You must register as a full-time student (minimum of 12 hours) and maintain a 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
- Deadline February 9, 2019 (at noon): Amarillo Area Foundation Scholarships The Foundation offers a variety of scholarships for different colleges/universities and fields of study, and eligibility for scholarships is based on the student’s county of residence, planned college or university, and/or anticipated field of study. for the Amarillo Area Foundation you must upload a 7-semester transcript which will include Fall 2018 grades. The GPA and class rank you input in our application must match what is on your 7-semester transcript or your application will be declined. So, if a student has already put in a GPA and class rank from a prior transcript they must update their application with their new GPA and class rank from their new 7-semester transcript.
- Deadline: February 15: American Hotel and Lodging Educational Foundation
- Deadline: February 15, 2019 Panhandle Groundwater District Application is open from November 1-February 15. This scholarship is open to seniors who have a 2.5 gpa and will attend college in the fall. Applicants must write a 500-1,000 word essay on the topic chosen by PGD. First place is $4,000; second place is $3,000; and third place is $2,000.
- Deadline: February 26, 2018 Allyson Ford Angel’s Grace Scholarship Foundation -- The scholarship consists of a poster contest about the dangers of distracted driving held at each school. Let your school counselor know if you are interested.
- Deadline: February 28, 2098 BSA Culture of Community Scholarship The potential recipients must be graduating seniors attending one of the nine high schools in the Amarillo and Canyon area. Recipients must intend to continue their education at an accredited 2-year or 4-year college or university during the fall semester immediately following high school graduation. Recipients have the choice of which field of study they wish to major in.
- Deadline: March 1: Catholic Life Insurance Scholarship
- Deadline: March 01, 2019 Amarillo College Foundation Scholarships - Scholarships for Allied Health, Nursing, Art, Music and Theatre Majors and a General Scholarship Application for ALL incoming AC students just to name a few. The application is available online each year from November 15 through October 15. The Foundation recommends that you apply as early in the year as possible, as the first round of awards are given after the preferred deadline of March 1. Awards are available through October 15th as funds allow.
- Deadline: March 15, 2019 Amarillo South Rotary Scholarship
- Deadline: March 20, 2019 OPERATION PREVENTION VIDEO CHALLENGE - Send a message to your peers about the dangers of opioid abuse by creating a 30-60 second original public service announcement for a chance to win up to $10,000 in scholarship money. This scholarship is opened to all U.S. students who are at least 13 years old and are 9th through 12th graders.
- Deadline: March 29,2019 Willow Vista PTO Scholarship
- Deadline: March 30, 2019 Harwell and Cook Orthodontic Scholarship
- Deadline: March 30, 2019 TTA Foundation Scholarship- Giving away six 4-year scholarships, in the amount of $2,000 per year
- Deadline: March 30, 2019 Texas Builders Foundation Scholarship - Awards scholarships to students who are enrolled in construction programs in Texas’ technical and trade schools and colleges and universities.
- Deadline: March 31, 2019 League of United Latin American Citizens
- Deadline: March 31, 2019 Harwell & Cook Orthodonics