Make sure to check this page frequently for new scholarship opportunities
Watch out for scams --You should not have to pay for any scholarships.
Seven basic warning signs (College Board) (Federal Trade Commission)
- This scholarship is guaranteed or your money back.”
- You can’t get this information anywhere else.”
- May I have your credit card/bank account number to hold this scholarship.”
- We’ll do all the work for you.”
- The scholarship will cost some money.”
- You’ve been selected by a national foundation to receive a scholarship.”
- You’re a finalist” in a competition you never entered.
Why do scholarship applications get thrown out?
- Incomplete applications – even a single blank will usually results in a disqualification.
- Poor handwriting / grammar – sloppy work does not indicate a quality candidate
- Late – deadlines are deadlines
Be sure and fill out applications completely, correctly, neatly, and include all documentation by the deadline.
How to maximize your search:
- Make time --Determination pays off with your scholarship applications. Make them a part of your weekly routine and apply for as many as you can.
- Master the essay -- Application committees look for what sets you apart. Focus on what inspires you and craft your essays around it.
- Get an editor-- Get someone to help you with your scholarship search and to review your applications for grammar and flow.
- Consider who you know-- Some workplaces and civic groups offer scholarships, so ask you family if they have any connections.
- Remember that small amounts add up-- For every $20,000 award, there are thousands of smaller awards that receive far fewer applicants. Seek out all possible options regardless of amount.
- Talk with the financial aid office-- If you know where you're going to college, check with the school's financial aid office to see if they can help you with your search.
Scholarship Search Sites
FastWeb Scholarship Search – www.fastweb.com
Student Scholarships – www.studentscholarships.org
Going Merry - www.goingmerry.com/
Scholly App (small fee) – My Scholly
The Texas Guaranteed Student Loan Corporation (TG) – www.aie.org/scholarships
BigFuture (College Board) – bigfuture.collegeboard.org/scholarship-search
Naviance (links to SallieMae) – log in to Naviance and go to National Scholarship Search
Every Chance Every Texan (Texas-focused index) – www.everychanceeverytexan.org/
Cappex – www.cappex.com/scholarships/
- Tuition Funding Sources Offers millions of scholarships worth billions of dollars. Create a profile and start researching and applying .
- Trade School Programs with Scholarships- a list of all the participating career colleges that offer our High School Scholarship Program, which is worth up to $1,000 toward tuition at these schools.
- Sallie Mae Every scholarship is current, and new scholarships are added every month
- The Best Scholarship Search Platforms of 2018 this guide reviews the best scholarship search platforms and instruct students on how to use them effectively to find as many opportunities as possible.
- Scholarship Search Find information on Texas Scholarships, scholarships available for students studying particular majors, scholarships available for students of particular ethnic backgrounds (African American, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Asian or Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino), Merit-based scholarships
- High School Scholarships for Trade School in Texas
- College Board Scholarship Opportunity Start by building a list of your six college picks and you are entered to win a$500 scholarship. College Board is giving away between $500 and $40,000 worth of scholarships starting with the class of 2020. Click the link to get started!
College & University Financial Aid/Scholarship Webpages
West Texas A&M University - Early Action December 1; Priority February 1
Sybil Harrington Foundation 2/1/19 – www.actx.edu/foundation
Amarillo Area Foundation 2/08/19 – Amarillo Area Foundation Scholarships
Opportunity Plan General Scholarship -- Applications considered priority should be received or postmarked by April 1st of each year
- The Tulsa Welding School
- Imagine America High School Scholarship
- Kid's Chance of Texas
- Rolling Hills Community offers a scholarship to all RRISD graduates. See your counselor for application.
- Deadline: September 17,2019 We The Future Scholarship
- Deadline: Sep 30 2019 Odenza Marketing Group Scholarship
- Deadline: Sep 30 2019 Money Metals Exchange Scholarship Program
- Deadline: September 30, 2019 DON'T TEXT AND DRIVE SCHOLARSHIP
- Deadline: Oct 05 2019 Create Real Impact Scholarship
- Deadline: October 6, 2019 AES Scholarship
- Deadline: Oct 11 2019 Olin E Teague Scholarship
- Deadline: Oct 15 2019 Make the U Scholarship
- Deadline: Oct 25 2019 Horatio Alger Scholarship
- Deadline: October 31, 2019 Coca-Cola Scholarship
- Deadline: Oct 31 2019 Voice of Democracy Scholarship
- Deadline October 31, 2019 KidGuard High School Scholarship
- Deadline: November 5th Elks National Foundation Most Valuable Student
- Deadline: Nov 30 2019 Dr Juan Andrade Jr. Scholarship
- Deadline: Nov 30 2019 10 Words or Less Scholarship
- Deadline: November 30th AED Superstore Fall Scholarship
- Deadline: November 30, 2019: Sixt Scholarship Program
- Deadline: December 1, 2019: Naval Reserve Officers Training Corps
- Deadline: December 1, 2019 Brockman Scholars Program
- Deadline: December 1, 2019 Barbara Lotze Scholarships for Future Teachers
- Deadline: December 1, 2019 FRA Americanism Essay Contest
- Deadline: December 1, 2019: Look Twice Save a Life
- Deadline: December 6 2019 Take Care of Texas Video Contest Scholarship
- Deadline: December 7, 2019 NHS Scholarship
- Deadline: December 15, 2019 HotelPlanner.com Technology Scholarship for students of Military Veterans
- Deadline: December 15, 2019 AXA Achievement Scholarship
- Deadline: December 15, 2019 Burger King Scholars Program
- Deadline: December 15, 2019 HotelPlanner Technology Graduate Military Veteran's Scholarship
- Deadline: December 31, 2019 NROTC Scholarship
- Deadline: Dec 31 2019 Imagine America Scholarships
- Deadline: Dec 31 2019 CrossLites Scholarship
- Deadline: February 25 2019 College Board Opportunity Scholarships
- Deadline: March 1, 2020 J. E. PIETZSCH MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
- Deadline: March 2, 2020 Catholic Life Insurance Scholarship
- Deadline: March 30, 2020 Harwell & Cook Orthodontic Scholarship