Applied English III & IV
Welcome to Applied English III & IV!
In this class you will continue to build on essential English skills to help you communicate successfully. It is my hope that through a variety of literature and writing activities, you will improve on the skills that you already have as well as learn many new ones. I am here to do everything in my power to help you learn; however, you are responsible for your own learning.
Classroom Expectations for EVERY class:
- Be Kind with your WORDS— Please don’t talk about your teacher, your classmates, or your classmate’s work in a mean or degrading manner. Be respectful when collaborating with others and communicating with your teacher.
- Be Respectful with your ACTIONS— Listen when others are speaking and don’t be disruptive. Treat your environment and your teacher’s belongings in the same manner you’d want your own possessions treated.
- We will seek to be understanding and forgiving of one another, even when doing so seems undeserved.
- There is always, always, always something to be thankful for. We will encourage one another to be mindful of this on a daily basis.
- "Empathy is the essential building block for compassion. We have to sense what another person is going through, what they're feeling, in order to spark compassion is us." - Daniel Goleman
- Through perspective taking, we will seek to understand one another from their point of view.