Mrs. Cheaney's 3rd Grade Classroom
- Here is the link to register for our upcoming Leadership Day on Feb. 28th from 8:00 - 10:00! We sure hope you join us! https://forms.gle/d9AaCnAfvcVQ5dLf9 This is a come-and-go event.
- Valentine's Day party - sign up and details. It looks like we need one more dozen cupcakes to complete the list. Students will need to make their own box or bag to collect Valentine's cards in and then bring to the party. Let me know if you have any questions! Student Name list for cards (this was also sent in an email).
- STAAR Interim Tests will be on Feb 11th (math) and Feb. 13th (reading). These are like practice STAAR tests. It is a new process this year, where both of these will be online assessments . It will be beneficial data for us to see the projected path your child is on in regards to STAAR testing and passing that assessment. Some students will go to a small group for testing, if that students is receiving services in that area. Most students will stay in our classroom. Please send a snack and water bottle for your child to have. Our day will otherwise stay the same - normal specials, lunch, and recess times. Both assessments will be taken online, so there will not be a paper exam coming home. We will be meeting a few times over the following two weeks to review the data. I will then send home information on how your child performed.
- Monday February 17th and Tuesday February 18th are student holidays- NO SCHOOL.
- Volcanoes - Students will need to make a volcano at home for our Earth's Forces unit. Please see the letter that will go home tomorrow (2/11), the email I already sent, or check out the science page on this website for more info. Volcanoes due on March 12th. Eruption Day is on March 13th.
- This year, our students voted to help children in foster care feel special and celebrated on their birthdays. We will be collecting items needed to provide children a birthday party based on their interests. All items will be put in a wrapped box and the "Birthday in a Box" will be delivered to the Texas Baptist Children's Home before their birthday. If you would like to donate items, visit the Happy Birthdays wish list, purchase an item, and bring it to Mrs. Garrett (C207) when it is delivered to your home. Our first two birthday parties will be for an Elmo adoring, 2 year old little girl and a My Little Pony loving, 4 year old little girl. If you have any questions about Happy Birthdays, the Texas Baptist Children's Home, or our efforts, please contact Zoe Garrett at email@example.com. Thank you for sharing birthday joy!! We will be accepting gift donations through the end of February.
- I have been adding a few things to our Amazon Wish List here and there as I notice learning materials we can use in the classroom. If you would like to donate, you can see our wish list here: Mrs. Cheaney's Class Wish List.
- Please encourage your child to bring a healthy snack every day and a water bottle. Our recess is in the afternoon, so a water bottle is very encouraged (water only).
- Our library day will be on Tuesdays.
- We will have PE on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday (split) and Art or Music on Monday, Wednesday and Friday (split). Please send your child in appropriate shoes for PE days.
- Please sign up for Remind 101 by texting @cheaney3rd to the number 81010
- Don't forget to become a member of PTA. Here is the first PTA Newsletter. Teravista Elementary School PTA is one of 295 that finished the year with a membership total of at least 50% of the school’s student enrollment to receive the Silver distinction. We want to get the GOLD this year. That means we want parents, students, grandparents, friends, and neighbors to be Teravista Elementary PTA Members. Please spread the word.
- If you'd like to volunteer at school this year (parties, field trips, work with students, etc.) you must have a background check done and be registered in our system as a volunteer. It can take up to two weeks to complete that process. If you're wanting to be proactive, here is the link to volunteer: Volunteer link
NAME: Jessica Cheaney
SCHOOL: Teravista Elementary
CLASS: 3rd Grade
SCHOOL PHONE: 512-704-0577 (Please note that I am unable to answer the phone during the school day. Please leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as possible).