Miss King's 3rd Grade Class
- Here is the link to register for our upcoming Leadership Day on Feb. 28th from 8:00 - 10:00! We sure hope you join us! https://forms.gle/d9AaCnAfvcVQ5dLf9 This is a come-and-go event.
- Dr. Seuss Week - I like to incorporate some fun things to do during the week of March 2 - 6 to celebrate the birthday of Dr. Seuss as well as Texas Independence Day!! Seussy Celebration Sign up If you feel like donating, we'd be thrilled and grateful!
- Marvelous Monday -wear your western outfit to celebrate Dr. Seuss's bday and Texas Independence Day on today, March 2nd.
- Terrific Tuesday - Cat in the Hat - wear a hat
- Wacky Wednesday - wear wacky socks Let's have some fun!
- T-shirt Thursday - Wear yellow for the book Sneetches!
- Fabulous Friday - We'll end the week wearing our pjs on Friday for the book I Don't Want to Get Out of Bed.
- Volcanoes - Students will need to make a volcano at home for our Earth's Forces unit. Please see the letter that will go home tomorrow (2/11), the email I already sent, or check out the science page on this website for more info. Volcanoes due on March 12th. Eruption Day is on March 13th.
- This year, our students voted to help children in foster care feel special and celebrated on their birthdays. We will be collecting items needed to provide children a birthday party based on their interests. All items will be put in a wrapped box and the "Birthday in a Box" will be delivered to the Texas Baptist Children's Home before their birthday. If you would like to donate items, visit the Happy Birthdays wish list, purchase an item, and bring it to Mrs. Garrett (C207) when it is delivered to your home. Our first two birthday parties will be for an Elmo adoring, 2 year old little girl and a My Little Pony loving, 4 year old little girl. If you have any questions about Happy Birthdays, the Texas Baptist Children's Home, or our efforts, please contact Zoe Garrett at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for sharing birthday joy!! We will be accepting gift donations through the end of February.
- Here is a link to my Amazon Wish List for our classroom. If you're able to donate to our learning space, we would be eternally grateful! Miss King's Classroom Wish List
- Home Access Center - (HAC) be sure to sign up and log in regularly so you're able to see your child's grades. Let me know if you have any questions/trouble signing up for HAC.
- Bouncy Bands - These are bands that students can put on the legs of their desks to help them focus and pay attention during class, while easing some of the wiggles during lessons. You are under no obligation to purchase them, I just wanted to share in case you are interested. Here is the link: Bouncy Bands.
- If you'd like to volunteer at school this year (parties, field trips, work with students, etc.) you must have a background check done and be registered in our system as a volunteer. It can take up to two weeks to complete that process. If you're wanting to be proactive, here is the link to volunteer: Volunteer link