CTMS Cross Country Team & Running Club
Please sign up for Remind to receive up to date messages about practices. Remind: Type 81010 in phone number entry. Text this message: @ga87gk to that number. For more information on how Remind works, go to https://www.remind.com/how-it-works/parents .
9/12 Stony Point HS Meet INFORMATION:
We are set for our first meet Wednesday at Stony Point. Start time 4:30 pm. Girls race first, and girls need to be there no later than 4:10 to find our group and warmup. Boys race second, and boys need to be there no later than 4:40.
Park and enter off of AW Grimes. Use this address in your phone/GPS: 1880 N. A.W. Grimes Blvd High school release time is 4:20 pm. So get there early (4:10 girls) or around 4:35 (boys) to avoid frustration. Also, please bring no pets on RRISD grounds. Please bring your own water.
CROSS COUNTRY Schedule of Meets
After school meets: Students will need to be picked up by their parents and taken straight to the meet after school. There is no school-provided transportation. Please remember to bring your jersey with you to school so that you can go straight to the meet. Please try to arrive early at each race to warm-up.
- Wednesday Sept. 12th ....Start time at 4:30 p.m....at Stony Point High School. Parking available in the softball/baseball parking lot and restrooms will be available. Use A.W. Grimes to enter the school. 1880 N. A.W. Grimes Blvd. Please bring your own water.
- Monday Sept. 17th ...Start time at 4:30 p.m….at Cedar Valley Please bring your own water.
- Saturday, Sept. 29th at Old Settler's Park...McNeil Invitational....9:15 a.m. is the Race Time...Be there at 8:15 just to be safe....it will be very crowded. The General Public must enter the front of the park via Hwy 79. No drop offs by the pavilion.
- Wednesday, Oct. 3rd ...Start time at 4:30 p.m....at Walsh Please bring your own water.
- Wednesday, Oct. 17th District MS Meet at Stony Point HS. Start time is at 4:30, and there will be a ceremony at the end to recognize the Top 10 girls and boys, and the top team.
Practices: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 7:00-7:45 PRACTICES START August 31st.
Do you love to run? Are you interested in learning how to run? Come join the Chisholm Trail Middle School Cross Country Team & Running Club. All grades are welcome to participate, but only 7th and 8th graders can compete in the district meets. 7th/8th grade students will be given a track jersey to compete in, and they will need to wear black shorts with it. Jerseys will be returned at the end of the season.
We run every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday starting at 7:00 AM meeting at the first set of glass front doors. Students will need a water bottle, a towel, comfortable clothing, and running shoes. They will also need to bring a change of clothes. Everything down to the socks!!! The Cross Country season is approximately 6 weeks long, and we will end at the end of October. (YOU MUST HAVE A PHYSICAL AND ALL PAPERWORK BEFORE YOU CAN PRACTICE! See below)
All of the following paperwork and physical must be completed before students can participate:
- Complete RRISD Athletics forms here. If you are in athletics you have completed these already.
- Off Campus Running Form
- Emergency Card
- Physical Form - ALL STUDENTS MUST HAVE A PHYSICAL.
I look forward to running with you!