CTMS Cross Country Team & Running Club
1) Apparently, Ms. Perez has the power to cancel rain in the morning by cancelling practice the night before.
2) End of the year Schedule:
- 10/26 - Unofficial 6th grade race - Everybody comes, 7th/8th graders set up and monitor the race, Meet at 7:00, Start race at 7:15.
- 10/29 - Regular Practice
- 10/31 - Halloween Run - Regular run, but dress up in costume. Guidelines - do not wear anything covering your head, please keep it elementary friendly (we don't want to scare the elementary kids going to school), you must change into normal clothes for school.
- 11/2 - End of the Season Celebration Breakfast - bring something to share. Sign up List
3) T-shirts: There was a communication error between the financial office and the t-shirts company. It has caused our t-shirt order to be delayed. I sincerely apologize and will make sure the order is done differently next year.
Please sign up for Remind to receive up to date messages about practices. Remind: Type 81010 in phone number entry. Text this message: @ga87gk to that number. For more information on how Remind works, go to https://www.remind.com/how-it-works/parents .
DISTRICT MEET @ STONY POINT HS (10/17) INFO
PARKING, TIME, AND LOCATION: We are at Stony Point HS! We are going to run tomorrow! Yes, it will be COLD, and it will be WET and MUDDY!!! We will start at 4:30 pm with girls racing first and boys following. The start/finish area where we normally start is in bad shape. We will use the practice fields closer to the school for the course. Parents can park at the softball/baseball field and walk in or park at Hernandez Middle School and walk across. The black top area by the high school will be a great place for spectators to watch and stay out of the mud.
Reminder: High school gets out at 4:20, girls/girl parents should try to be there by 4:10. Boys should be there by 4:35.
WHAT TO WEAR: You may wear leggings and/or long sleeves under your jersey. Also you will want to protect your ears and fingers. Wear gloves or even an extra pair of socks on your hands. You may leave on extra layers like a hoodie or jacket until right before race time, and then we will take off extra layers right before starting. Also, if you plan on staying around for the medals and district awards, please consider bringing a change of shirt, extra hoodie, and/or a blanket.
CROSS COUNTRY Schedule of Meets
After school meets: Students will need to be picked up by their parents and taken straight to the meet after school. There is no school-provided transportation. Please remember to bring your jersey with you to school so that you can go straight to the meet. Please try to arrive early at each race to warm-up.
- Wednesday Sept. 12th ....Start time at 4:30 p.m....at Stony Point High School. Parking available in the softball/baseball parking lot and restrooms will be available. Use A.W. Grimes to enter the school. 1880 N. A.W. Grimes Blvd. Please bring your own water.
- Monday Sept. 17th ...Start time at 4:30 p.m….at Cedar Valley Please bring your own water.
- Saturday, Sept. 29th at Old Settler's Park...McNeil Invitational....9:15 a.m. is the Race Time...Be there at 8:15 just to be safe....it will be very crowded. The General Public must enter the front of the park via Hwy 79. No drop offs by the pavilion.
- Wednesday, Oct. 3rd ...Start time at 4:30 p.m....at Walsh Please bring your own water.
- Wednesday, Oct. 17th District MS Meet at Stony Point HS. Start time is at 4:30, and there will be a ceremony at the end to recognize the Top 10 girls and boys, and the top team.
Practices: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 7:00-7:45 PRACTICES START August 31st.
Do you love to run? Are you interested in learning how to run? Come join the Chisholm Trail Middle School Cross Country Team & Running Club. All grades are welcome to participate, but only 7th and 8th graders can compete in the district meets. 7th/8th grade students will be given a track jersey to compete in, and they will need to wear black shorts with it. Jerseys will be returned at the end of the season.
We run every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday starting at 7:00 AM meeting at the first set of glass front doors. Students will need a water bottle, a towel, comfortable clothing, and running shoes. They will also need to bring a change of clothes. Everything down to the socks!!! The Cross Country season is approximately 6 weeks long, and we will end at the end of October. (YOU MUST HAVE A PHYSICAL AND ALL PAPERWORK BEFORE YOU CAN PRACTICE! See below)
All of the following paperwork and physical must be completed before students can participate:
- Complete RRISD Athletics forms here. If you are in athletics you have completed these already.
- Off Campus Running Form
- Emergency Card
- Physical Form - ALL STUDENTS MUST HAVE A PHYSICAL.
I look forward to running with you!