6th grade Math
- Grades: 50% Tests, 25% Quizzes, 25% Daily work and Homework
- Classroom Supplies: One composition notebook, one set of color pencil, one glue stick, several red pens and no. 2 pencils.
- Homework policy: 20 points will be deducted for the first day an assignment is late, and 5 additional points for each day late after that.
- Retest Policy: Students who scored below 70 on a quiz or assignment can retake or redo an assignment to bring it back to 70 within a week.
Mrs. Lau: Thursday 3:35 to 4:15 pm and Friday Morning 7:50 to 8:10 am. Students can also attend Mrs. Morgan and Mrs. Liao's tutorial sessions.
Mrs. Morgan: Mondays 3:35 - 4:15 pm, and Thursday Morning 7:50 - 8:10 am.
Mrs. Liao: Tuesday morning 7:50 - 8:10 am, and Tuesday afternoon 3:35 - 4:15 pm.
- Team Homework Page: https://sites.google.com/roundrockisd.org/6thgradeteamwnrdwebsite/home
Welcome to my class blog. My name is Vivian Lau. I teach 6th grade on-level and Accelerated Math this year. This is my 11th year of teaching. I have worked in Houston ISD, two private schools, and this is my 3rd year at Canyon Vista Middle School. Here are some fun facts about me:
- I earned my degrees in Biology and Asian Studies from UT Austin and received my M. Ed from UNT.
- My hobbies are reading, making music, travel and photography.
- I was born in Taiwan. I came to the United States when I was a freshman in high school.
- My favorite subjects growing up were writing and Chinese literature, but for some reason my best subjects were mathematics and physics.
- I was the math student of the year for 2 years in high school.
- Our family used to own 12 dogs at one time. Now I am petless due to that traumatic experience, though I still consider myself a dog person.
I am passionate about teaching and mentoring young people, and I am so excited to teach our awesome 6th-graders.