Cedar Valley Mathematics
Welcome to Mr. Kaltenbacher's 8th grade Algebra I & Math 8 Web Site
Farewell to my 2017-2018 students, the Class of 2022 - it was a great year! Have a great summer and I wish you the best of luck of high school and beyond!
Incoming STUDENTS Taking Algebra for the 2018-2019 school year, see this LINK for info on your summer assignment - mandatory to take Algebra next year.
I'm thankful and excited to be a part of the Cedar Valley family and especially the 8th grade math team!
Students and Parents: Stay in the know by signing up for my "Remind" texts:
- Algebra Classes: Text @mrk-algebr to 81010
- Math 8 Classes: Text @mrk-math8 to 81010
- Advisory Class: Text @mrkadvise to 81010
To join via email: Visit remind.com/join and enter the class code and your email address.
If a student believes they are a victim of cyberbullying or if you have knowledge about an incident of cyberbullying, you can report it using RRISD's Anonymous Alerts. Anonymous Alerts allows students/parents/teachers to submit any sensitive or urgent student issue quickly to school officials. Students or parents can submit reports such as bullying, cyberbullying, depression, dating violence, drug or alcohol use, threats against the school, weapons on campus and more. All messages submitted remain completely anonymous.
For more on David's Law, click here.
Parents & Students, the most efficient way to communicate with me is via email at: email@example.com
Mr. K's Class Rules:
- Do What's Right.
- Be On Time, Be Honest
- Do The Best You Can
- Listen & Participate in Class, Turn Your Homework in On Time
- Treat Others the Way You Want To Be Treated
- Show Respect to Others, Help Your Peers
If you are ever struggling with a concept, please see me for extra help during tutoring times or you can schedule an appointment for another time that works better.
- Tuesday Afternoon 3:35-4:15 PM
- Wednesday Morning 7:45-8:13 AM
- By appointment all other times
What if I am Absent?
Daily Lesson Slides & Homework Assignments are posted in Google Classroom. If you don't have access to a printer at home, simply let me know and I'll be glad to print a copy out for you.
It is YOUR responsibility to pick up absent work and schedule a tutoring time to get caught up.
Late Work & Corrections:
- To receive credit for late assignments, a Late Slip MUST be filled out and turned in to me.
- IXL assignments: IXL's done on time to the required SMART SCORE (usually 80) are scored 100. Late IXL's will receive the SMART SCORE as the gradebook grade.
- Homework/Daily Grades: A deduction of 10 points per day will be applied to any assignment turned in after the due date and a Late Slip must be signed.
- Test corrections: Test scores can be raised to a maximum of 70% if corrected. Corrections MUST be done on the Test correction page (NO EXCEPTIONS).
*** All assignments must be turned in before a unit is complete in order to receive credit***
1st Period: 8:20 - 9:10 Team Planning
2nd Period: 9:14 - 10:07 Conference Period
3rd Period: 10:11 - 11:01 Algebra 1
4th Period: 11:05 - 11:55 Math 8
5th Period: 11:59 - 12:49 Math 8
Advisory: 12:53 - 1:18 Advisory
Lunch: 1:18 - 1:46 Lunch
8th Period: 1:50 - 2:40 Algebra 1
9th Period: 2:44 - 3:35 Algebra 1