Cedar Valley Mathematics
Welcome to Mr. Kaltenbacher's 8th grade Algebra I & Math 8 Web Site
I am excited to be a part of the Cedar Valley family and especially the 8th grade math team!
Students and Parents: Stay in the know by signing up for my "Remind" texts:
- Algebra Classes: Text @mrk-algebr to 81010
- Math 8 Classes: Text @mrk-math8 to 81010
- Advisory Class: Text @mrkadvise to 81010
To join via email: Visit remind.com/join and enter the class code and your email address.
Parents & Students, the most efficient way to communicate with me is via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. K's Class Rules:
- Do What's Right.
- Be On Time, Be Honest
- Do The Best You Can
- Listen & Participate in Class, Turn Your Homework in On Time
- Treat Others the Way You Want To Be Treated
- Show Respect to Others, Help Your Peers
If you are ever struggling with a concept, please see me for extra help during tutoring times or you can schedule an appointment for another time that works better.
- Tuesday Afternoon 3:35-4:15 PM
- Wednesday Morning 7:45-8:13 AM
- By appointment all other times
What if I am Absent?
Daily Lesson Slides & Homework Assignments are posted in Google Classroom. If you don't have access to a printer at home, simply let me know and I'll be glad to print a copy out for you.
It is YOUR responsibility to pick up absent work and schedule a tutoring time to get caught up.
Late Work & Corrections:
- To receive credit for late assignments, a Late Slip MUST be filled out and turned in to me.
- IXL assignments: IXL's done on time to the required SMART SCORE (usually 80) are scored 100. Late IXL's will receive the SMART SCORE as the gradebook grade.
- Homework/Daily Grades: A deduction of 10 points per day will be applied to any assignment turned in after the due date and a Late Slip must be signed.
- Test corrections: Test scores can be raised to a maximum of 70% if corrected. Corrections MUST be done on the Test correction page (NO EXCEPTIONS).
*** All assignments must be turned in before a unit is complete in order to receive credit***
1st Period: 8:20 - 9:10 Team Planning
2nd Period: 9:14 - 10:07 Conference Period
3rd Period: 10:11 - 11:01 Algebra 1
4th Period: 11:05 - 11:55 Math 8
5th Period: 11:59 - 12:49 Math 8
Advisory: 12:53 - 1:18 Advisory
Lunch: 1:18 - 1:46 Lunch
8th Period: 1:50 - 2:40 Algebra 1
9th Period: 2:44 - 3:35 Algebra 1