Hernandez Middle School
1901 Sunrise Road
Round Rock, Texas 78664
512-424-8800 FAX: 512-424-8940
- School counselors are advocates for every student.
- All students – regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, or sexual orientation – shall have equal access to all services (academic, career, and personal/social) provided by the counseling program and the school.
- The school counseling program serves a central role in meeting students’ developmental needs through interventions in academic, career, and personal/social domains.
- Student needs can be best met through a data-driven comprehensive school counseling program in collaboration with all stakeholders.
- School counselors are leaders and agents of change in school culture and academic achievement.
- A comprehensive school counseling program is tailored to meet students’ educational and developmental needs as identified through assessments, delivered using evidence-based programs, and evolved through data analysis of outcomes.
Hernandez Middle School's counselors provide students with comprehensive guidance, counseling, and support services and the skills necessary to become lifelong learners who are healthy, caring, and take personal responsibility for improving our world. Collaborating with parents, faculty, staff, community and business leaders, we will provide all students with the educational/academic, career, and personal/social development needed to acquire the attitudes, knowledge, and skills for success in school and after they graduate
The mission of Hernandez Middle School’s counseling program is to equip all our students with the essential skills needed to enhance life-long learning and social awareness. As counselors, we encourage students to develop interpersonal skills while preparing for a successful transition and matriculation through high school. Our students are provided opportunities to explore the relationships of academics to the world of work and to the community. Counseling services are available to all students through individual, small group, and classroom guidance.
IB Mission Statement
The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
To this end the organization works with schools, governments and international organizations to develop challenging programs of international education and rigorous assessment.
These programmes encourage student across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.