Counseling at Cactus Ranch Elementary
We are honored to be able to serve as your child's school counselors.
Please read below to get a glimpse at some of the counseling services available to your child this year.
CLASSROOM GUIDANCE: Classes primarily dealing with prevention and developmental issues including self-esteem, peer pressure, communication skills, conflict resolution skills, career exploration, and problem solving are taught throughout the school year at the elementary level and at the secondary levels when appropriate.
SUPPORT GROUPS: These small groups meet to address student concerns and develop skills to deal with life issues such as anger management, divorce, friendship, social skills, grief, self esteem, and stress management.
INDIVIDUAL COUNSELING: Students may visit with their counselor when they have any special need.
Purpose of Individual Counseling, Group Counseling and Classroom Guidance:
- To develop interpersonal and intrapersonal skills
- To help students better understand themselves and others
- To develop communication skills
- To build self confidence
- To encourage students to recognize and make the best use of their capabilities to provide opportunities for students to feel successful
- To talk with students about educational, personal and social concerns
- To help students adjust to school and home environments
- To develop students' awareness of the world of work
- To teach students the decision making / problem solving process
- To foster a caring, safe environment for children
- To teach conflict resolution skills