English Language Arts
About the Teacher
My name is Samantha Bisbal, and I became a member of the Dragon Community in 2014. I was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York, where I attended St. Francis College and received my B.A. in Adolescent Education. I then went on to receive my M.S. Ed. in Literacy from Alfred University, while beginning my teaching career.
My goals for this year are to heighten your love for reading, strengthen your writing skills, and expand your ability to think critically and analytically. I am looking forward to working with each of you this year!
English 1 Announcements
- OER Test next class over Aron Ralston article.
- Complete Singular vs. Plural Possessives Practice on NRI. Quiz is on Friday, February 23rd.
- Past Due Items: Bethany Hamilton "Stop & Jots," Expository Elements Organizer, Timed Expository Essay, Commonly Confused Words Quiz, STAAR Practice Test, Bethany Hamilton OER, and Aron Ralston "Stop & Jots."
Pre-AP English 1 Announcements
- Work on zines. Bring materials to complete next class. Due by the end of period on Thursday.
- Complete Singular vs. Plural Possessives Practice on NRI. Quiz is on Thursday, February 22nd.
- Past Due Items: "The 10,000 Hour Rule" Stop & Jots, Expository Elements Organizer, Timed Expository Essay, Commonly Confused Words Quiz, STAAR Practice Test, "The 10,000 Hour Rule" OER, Chosen Article "Stop & Jots," Chosen Article Expository Elements Organizer, and Test OER.