Rockford Middle FFA
Learning to Do, Doing to Learn, Earning to Live, Living to Serve
Important upcoming dates:
- Saturday, May 18: 1000 Hearts Crow River Serve Day 9:00am-3:15pm (click here for more info)
- Friday, May 31, 2019: Last Chapter Meeting, 7:20am (attendance is encouraged:))
- Thursday, June 13: Camp Ihduhapi Day, Times TBD, (current members and possibly future leadership team)
What is FFA? FFA is a student organization that goes along with Agriculture class. The National FFA Organization is the largest youth organization in the county with over 610,000 members nationwide! This isn’t the same FFA from 30 or 40 years ago. We like to say it’s not just cows, sows and plows anymore; the modern FFA is about job seekers, beakers and speakers. RMS-CES FFA members will serve the community, improve public speaking, compete in career development events and make great memories while living out the FFA motto: Learning to Do, Doing to Learn, Earning to Live, Living to Serve.
What will we do in FFA? You will have the chance to do community service, fun social activities, study for career development contests and more. You can also look at www.ffa.org to see what the National FFA Organization looks like. This year's FFA members will help to decide what activities and project we complete.
- Fundraisers to support our work as leaders and learners and our service to the community including quarter beef raffle tickets in the fall, poinsettia sales before the holidays, and Culver's Fund Night
- Leadership Development: 101 Market in Otsego, MN & Chapter/Leader meetings
- Community Outreach: Guardian Angels blanket making & Thousand Heart Crow River Serve Day
- Promoting Agriculture: FFA Week Events & Kindergarten Farm Day
How do I join? Membership forms are available to 7th and 8th graders. It can be picked up in the office or in the ag classroom. Please fill it out and turn into the office with your $40 payment (cash or check made out to Rockford Middle FFA by Friday, September 21st to receive a Rockford Middle FFA chapter T-shirt. You are welcome to join FFA after the September due date, but a T-shirt is not guaranteed. Even though students only have agri-science class for one quarter during the school year, they are considered a member of FFA for the entire year.
Did you know Rockford had the 1st Middle School only FFA chapter in Minnesota?
While all students at RMS-CES will take a quarter-long Agriscience class, seventh and eighth grade students have the opportunity to join the FFA chapter. FFA is an inter-curricular student organization and it enhances student’s experience in an Agricultural Education Program by building on what has been taught in the classroom. Typically, in the state of Minnesota, FFA has been geared to high school students. In 2018-19, the fifth year of the Rockford Middle School FFA, the chapter will serve as means for seventh and eighth grade students to develop their leadership skills and discover a passion for agriculture before moving on to Rockford High School's FFA chapter.