College and Career Assistance Program
Welcome to CCAP
Welcome to the Roby High School College and Career Assistance Program website. Our mission is to provide all Roby High School students with everything necessary to become career-, college-, and life-ready upon graduation.
Roby High School is excited to be partnering with Western Texas College (WTC) in Snyder, Texas and Texas State Technical College (TSTC) in Sweetwater in providing our students with high-quality dual credit courses and programs. Western Texas College provides academic dual-credit courses while Texas State Technical College will be providing career and technical programs for our students.
Applying to CCAP (Western Texas College)
Students wishing to apply for dual credit admission to Western Texas College will be required to:
- Submit a completed Dual Credit Application to the high school counselor.
- Show proof of meeting TSI standard (either by passing the TSI or showing STAAR score which can be used for exemption.)
- ACT (Math-19, English-19, Composite-23)
- ASPIRE (English- 435, Math- 431)
- PLAN (English-19, Math-19, Composite -23)
- PSAT (Reading-500, Math-500, Total- 1070)
- SAT (Math-500, Verbal-500, Total-1070)
- STAAR EOC
- Algebra I: 4000 + “C” or higher in High School Algebra II
- English II: 4000
- TSI ASSESSMENT (through Summer 2017)
- Writing- 363, Essay-4; or Writing-350, Essay 5
Applying to CCAP (Texas State Technical College)
Students wishing to apply for dual credit admission to Texas State Technical College (TSTC) will be required to:
- Apply to Texas State Technical College at www.tstc.edu (Make sure you click “Yes” when asked if you are a Dual Credit student).
- Submit the following forms completed to the high school counselor:
Approved Courses for Western Texas College
Beginning in the 2017-2018 academic school year, the following academic courses offered at Western Texas College:
- Year 1: HIST 1301, HIST 1302, MUSI 1306, SPCH 1301
- Year 2: ENGL 1301, ENGL 1302, GOVT 2305, ECON 2301, MATH 1314, PSYC 2301
- Year 2 (cohort 2018 only): ENGL 2326, ENGL 2322, GOVT 2305, ECON 2301, MATH 1314, PSYC 2301
Approved Pathways for Texas State Technical College
Students who wish to pursue a technical degree/certification can take courses in the following pathways offered at Texas State Technical College. All pathways are offered on campus where there is no traveling required:
- Drafting & Design Technology
- Digital Media Design
- Environmental Technology (Environmental Health and Safety )
- Software & Business Management
- Computer Networking & Systems Administration
- Database & Web Programming
- Health Information Technology (Medical Office Specialist )
- Software & Business Accounting
- Structural Welding
Enrollment Details - Maximum Number of CCAP courses
- First-year students are allowed to enroll in no more than twelve (12) credit hours, six (6) hours in Fall semester and six (6) hours in Spring semester.
- Second-year students are allowed to enroll in no more than eighteen (18) credit hours, nine (9) hours in Fall semester and nine (9) hours in Spring semester.
- Student must maintain a minimum semester grade of 75, without multiplier, for all dual-credit and non-dual credit courses.
- Student must remain in good standing with Roby CISD (excessive absences, excessive tardies, discipline issues, etc. are all grounds for dismissal from the program).
- Students must return all textbooks in satisfactory condition or provide reimbursement for lost/damaged textbook.
TSI Testing - Locations and Fees
- Western Texas College -- 325-574-7621 -- Must schedule appointment (must call to get pricing information)
- Texas State Technical College -- 325-235-7441 -- Must schedule appointment (must call to get pricing information)
- Roby High School -- 325-776-2222 ext. 103 -- Must schedule appointment ($10/section for Roby HS students, $15/section for all others)
- Roby CISD will pay for each student at Roby CISD to take each section of the TSI once. Any additional attempts will require payment from student.
- There will be no deposits for textbooks or classes.
- Students must return all borrowed materials and textbooks in good condition.
- Damaged materials or textbooks must be paid in full prior to the end of the academic semester.
- Failure to pay will result in student not being allowed to exempt any semester exams and/or enrolling in the next semester of CCAP.
P.O. Box 519 :: 141 South College Street :: Roby, Texas 79543
(325) 776-2222 [phone] :: (325) 267-2622 [fax]