Ms. Hayes' 2nd Grade Classroom
10 Things About Ms. Hayes
- Ms. Hayes has been married to her husband, Ken, for 2 years. Her husband is also a teacher. He works for Portland Public Schools teaching Social Studies at Alliance at Benson High School.
- This is Ms. Hayes’ first year teaching at Riverdale Grade School. She spent the past 3 years teaching 3rd grade at Ethical Culture Fieldston School in the Bronx, New York. She is so excited to join the Riverdale Grade School community!
- Ms. Hayes grew up near Los Angeles, California, where she spent most of her time riding horses. Ms. Hayes loves horses (and all animals) and hopes to get a dog soon!
- Ms. Hayes went to college at UC Berkeley near San Francisco, California. She studied Art History and Education and became interested in teaching and talking about art to people of all ages.
- Ms. Hayes likes to sing karaoke, but she can get shy when asked to sing in front of strangers.
- Ms. Hayes likes to be outside and thinks that nature is beautiful. She likes to hike (when the hills are not too steep). She likes to camp (when there are not too many bugs.)
- Ms. Hayes and her husband love to drive on road trips. They have driven all across the United States of America.
- Ms. Hayes loves to visit museums. She thinks that museums are magical places.
- Ms. Hayes' favorite holiday is Halloween. She loves spooky things. She likes to watch scary movies, visit haunted houses, and listen to ghost stories.
- Ms. Hayes loves teaching and is especially excited to teach second grade this year!